“Loved it. Truly a relaxing and amazing different...”
other travellers have booked this property
Our swimmingpool and tropical garden
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Our swimmingpool and tropical garden
Ballenas beach at 60 yards
View from the moon... the 'taina' moon
Outdoor living room
Outdoor bar with access to the kitchen
Outdoor terrasse and dining area
Villa Belle Vie in its night dress
Master bedroom
View from the master bedroom
Master bedroom 2
Fishermen village 3
Samana province
Las Terrenas map
What else?!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Jetzeell...
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Loved it. Truly a relaxing and amazing different caribbean experience.”
Reviewed 9 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

The villa is located apart from the rest of Las Terrenas nearly at the end of the beach strip. Which was ideal for us because we wanted to be close enough to everything but still have some privacy. The Villa is also very private with its own private pool. and the bedroom walks you right into the swimming pool. The management and cleaning crew were super nice. It was truly an amazing getaway experience. The first night everything was a little too dark for me, because I'm a city girl and there are no night lights in the street. By the second night I was used to it and appreciated and loved the moon light peace of it all. I can't say enough about the experience. Make sure you visit the beach side restaurant all the way at the end of the strip. It has a beautiful setting and excellent food. We also walked around and ate at the blue house beachside restaurant which was awesome. Avoid the overpriced bad food offered at the hotels on the strip though. I do not recommend them at all. Instead the places by the water were best. For breakfast ask a local for the information for el gordo I think his name was chef cholo or pepe or just ask for el chef gordo everybody knows him. Anyway, its a big dark local guy that has a restaurant and he will deliver to the villa for $100 pesos breakfast lunch or dinner. Have Fun!! I can't wait to go back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy, swimming pool, hammocks and proximity to the beach
Liked least: Mosquitoes, also Toilet seat was a little lose, please fix.
Your age range 35-49
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Walt429
Cedarhurst, New York
“Everything you could ask for and more.....”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

I have been extremely lax in posting my comments and review of Villa Belle Vie. Obviously the home and location are perfect - everything you would ever want for a vacation. The beach is mere yards away...the town is 5 minutes away by car and there are many bars/beach front places to grab a cold one only minutes away by foot. What I feel is most important to share with others are my thoughts of the owners and the rental agency. A little history. My Wife and I originally booked Viviana and Julien's home back in October 2013. Upon our arrival on a Wednesday I received rather bad news that I had a serious family emergency back home in NY. I needed to return immediately and if anyone is not aware the flights in and out of AZS only run on Wednesday and Saturday. We were forced to drive to POP to fly home from there. I notified Beatrice - who handles the rentals for Viviana and Julien - and she was extremely accommodating and understanding of my situation. She had Michael - who does a lot of the leg work for the agency and is a very respectful and nice young man - he could work for me anytime! - come to the Villa first thing Thursday morning with our deposit - no questions asked. We drove to POP and returned home. After a few days I reached out to Viviana and Julien to touch base and apologize for our abrupt exit and to explain to them my family emergency. Without any hesitation or me asking for it they told me that the money that I paid up front for the rental could be used at anytime within the next 12 months. This may not sound like a big thing but for someone who has been traveling to DR for over 10 years and one that knows how many look at us "gringos" as $$$$ - cha ching cha ching. They could have done what many others have - said sorry for your emergency but I can't not refund your money or give you any credit. Never once did they say that. They did the right thing and it was refreshing to see that there are still good people out there. They are the type of people who I would want to call my friends. They were understanding and over the next few months would occasionally drop me an email to see how things were back home. Well things have gotten better at home and we had the chance to return this past April. As it was the first time Beatrice was a joy to deal with - returned emails that same day and provided me with all the information that I needed - and Michael was right there when we arrived with a smile on his face welcoming us back.. You can have your choice of many beautiful homes to rent in LT but if you want to deal with honest, compassionate people who you would want as your friends rent Viviana and Julien's Villa Belle Vie - trust me you will not go wrong.

Older travelers Families with young children
Mariela C
Jericoacoara, Ceara, Brazil
“THE PEFECT VACATION PARADISE! SIMPLY GORGEOUS AND RELAXING!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

We travel often to Las Terrenas and this was by far our favorite place to stay. We felt like at home but better, It is just a very quiet and relaxing place. It's also so conveniently located, 1 minute walk away from the beach, close to the good restaurants, spas, groceries stores and more importantly it is just 5 minutes away from a good KITESURFING spot!

The place is absolutely gorgeous, decorated with a very good taste; detailed, colors, textures, lighting...everything exceeded my expectations! The pool is considerably big, perfect to chill and relax right after taking a swim at the beach. The beds are very comfortable, we slept like babies there. The master-bedroom has a door that opens directly into the beautiful garden and pool area, a great way to start your day! The kitchen is a cook's dream, it has everything you could need to make a meal that you would make at your own place. Everything we needed was available for us!

This is just the perfect Vacation home, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!

Travelling group: Con mi pareja
Santo Domingo
Reviewed 21 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

St. Louis
Reviewed 10 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
hdigabtt
Calgary, Canada
“Outdoor Living at it's best.......”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

We loved this house! As we had never been to Las Terrenas we took a bit of a chance booking for three weeks – but didn’t regret it for a moment! The house delivers exactly as advertised – if you like what you see in the pictures you will love this property.

The Villa is set back from the road/beach down a short lane making it peaceful and quiet yet still close to Playa Ballenas – a superb beach which is seldom crowded with a few restaurants and amenities for the tourists and locals alike. There is 24 hour security provided for the four houses sharing this laneway which I never really felt we needed but appreciated regardless – always friendly and yet attentive to their responsibilities, the security personnel deserve recognition and appreciation for their services.

Our favorite part of this rental was the outdoor living area – comfortable and spacious enough for the five of us without feeling crowded. Good quality furnishings, comfortable beds and nice linens and towels. The pool was quite large and monitored/cleaned regularly as was the yard/garden. Housekeeping three times a week was just right. The kitchen has everything you need (in abundance) to prepare full meals including full size oven, fridge, appliances (microwave, toaster, blender, coffee pot) dishes and cutlery. The house does not have air conditioning, which we never felt was needed as there are fans in each room/bedroom and we were always outside anyways. We had a few maintenance incidents during our stay which were attended to by the management company which was professional, friendly and very responsive to our communications. Our damage deposit was returned promptly.

The location is great if you want quiet and privacy, yet still want to be within easy reach of amenities. You can walk to the town center along the road just alongside the beach in 30-45 minutes(depending where you are going) and the popular “Pueblo de los Pescadores” in about 20 minutes. Although the distance is not great - perhaps a km or so and there are homes, condo's, a couple of hotels and restaurants long the way it can be a bit dark at night so bring a flashlight. There is one mini market on the way – perhaps a bit farther than halfway, which has the basics (water and groceries) and is run by a very friendly family. There are only a few restaurants between the Villa and town which we liked as it was never as crazy busy as the beach towards Punta Popy which we walked to and enjoyed often when we wanted this atmosphere. Las Terrenas can be quite busy and noisy with traffic and motorbikes so it was always nice to return home to the calm serenity of our own yard.

We would definitely return to Las Terrenas and Villa Belle Vie would be our first pick in accommodation! We loved both the location and the property - it was like waking up in paradise each and every day!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The outdoor living space
Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children
Gabriel M
France
“Fantastic holiday”
Reviewed 13 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

We have spent a week in Villa Belle Vie and understood the true meaning of these words. The pool is of great size compared to other villas in the area, the house is really comfortable with all the required amenities in good conditions. The calm allows for great long mornings in bed to rest from long afternoon kite surfing in the nearby spots (with a special motion to the comfortable beds).
The house is literally 50m away from las ballenas beach that is the dream beach for swimming, snorkeling, jogging or just tanning.
This was our 3rd time in las Terrenas and we had actually never come to this part of las ballenas beach. In few words, it is calm and beautiful and still at walking distance from the famous "Pueblo de los Pescadores" and other restaurants.
We strongly recommend it to anyone who would like to spend a memorable week..or more ;)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the calm at walking distance from restaurants and bars
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing