“very good overall...a couple improvements in order”
other travellers have booked this property
Our swimmingpool and tropical garden
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Our swimmingpool and tropical garden
Ballenas beach at 60 yards
View from the moon... the 'taina' moon
Outdoor living room
Outdoor bar with access to the kitchen
Outdoor terrasse and dining area
Villa Belle Vie in its night dress
Master bedroom
View from the master bedroom
Master bedroom 2
Fishermen village 3
Samana province
Las Terrenas map
What else?!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
MNK1960
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“very good overall...a couple improvements in order”
Reviewed 15 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

We just got back from las terrenas /Ville bella Vie late last night so this review is very fresh in my mind. First the location is wonderful! It is close enough to town to quickly get there and enjoy the excellent eateries and nightlife but far enough away that it is very quiet and peaceful.
We have stayed in town and while vibrant, it is loud well into the night and affects your sleep. Not so at VBV....safe and secure as well with a night watchman always at the end of the short entryway. You will feel safe and relaxed.
Next The support staff..maid service Anita was delightful, pool man, Beatrice the property manager and her staff...all did a great job! Respond promptly to any issues which may arise.
House itself was comfortable for a group of 5 people all adult (our children are late teens.early 20s so mostly adults) private transportation from Santo Domingo was expensive $195 but it is worth it because I have made the trip in a rental car and if you are not experienced in Dom Republic driving it will scare you to death...every rule of the road is broken routinely:) Willy the taxi driver and his staff were superb...picked us up in Santo Dom . stopped at grocery store on way and delivered us to our destination safely then again at end of trip....You will have many options once in Las terrenas for transportation...there are dozen of places renting scooters , car , quads or motorcycles and having one make getting around so much fun ..you can also just get a motorcycle taxi anytime and it is not expensive
amenities: pool was wonderful...rooms adequate...no air conditioning which was not a problem for us generally but the loft bedroom was at times really hot.even with powerful ceiling fan and a floor fan..if you like total pampering you may need to look for a house with AC
Kitchen was adequate but dated and you must keep in mind if you plan to cook bring or purchase all condiments as there are no spices etc already there. There are supermarkets in town where you can get all you need to prepare you own meals. Biggest negative issue was the showers...very little water pressure in the bathrooms much less than you are used to ...being with 4 women..I opted for my showers at the outdoor shower near the pool since the pressure was better but of course my showers were cold yet not unbearable considering the climate. The floor in the outdoor covered area gets very slippery so be careful! in general we had a great time and would reccomend this house with the cautions mentioned. We have been to Las terrenas before and trust me Location! The beach is sublime! about 100 meters from your door to the water (I paced it off) and during the week very few people...on weekends locals and weekenders show up and sometimes leave their trash which we found appalling but again the location and the pool make it a great place to spend a week ! Mike & Stella Silver Spring Maryland USA

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: private pool & beach both so close..we used both constantly
Liked least: showers.....lack of AC
Travelling group: Extended Family
X-M4N
London, United Kingdom
“Heaven on earth...”
Reviewed 26 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We spent 2 weeks in the charming villa - 2 couples and 2 toddlers almost 2 years old... my parents are both 70+. We all live in different countries and this was a central place we found to meet and share good quality family time.

We landed in Puerto Plata which was 3 hours away from the Villa. The rest of the family landed in Santo Doming which was 2 hours away from the villa. The owners of the villa assisted us with contacts - we booked in advance and the drivers were there waiting for us outside the airport.

Once in the villa, we found ourselves in a great private place, the perfect place away from from the routines and different to the "all inclusive" vacations we have been to since for ever... you don't hear more than the sea waves, the temperature was perfect for all at this time of the year (January).

The villa had it all the basics you need including baby cots for the small ones, inflatable bits for kids/adults to play in the pool which was so clean and cleaned of leaves/toys every day... There was a lovely lady cleaner that came regularly to look after the house/mess, clean the dishes, change beddings, towels, etc... The house has a safe for your passports, etc. The toilets/showers are clean and water has good power. Ceiling fans all over but as I said the temperature was perfect for us and the kids.

The beach is yards away as advertised, and in the mornings my dad would wake up and go for a walk, my wife+daughter+pushchair would be off to the bakery to pick up fresh baked bread... The town is not far but not too close to be an issue, the location of the villa is perfect and I have many many pictures in which it was us the only people visible for miles... we felt very safe, there was a guard looking after people coming into the cul-de-sac where the house is.

A trip to the supermarket is maybe 5/10 mins taxi ride, you can go do your shopping and the supermarket will deliver it to your house for free, we did that a few times which would allow us to wonder around the lively town.

For those days when you want to go out, there are many nice restaurants around the house and further down in "los pescadores" (tripadvisor your friend).

Heaven on earth was what my father was saying while reading his books in the hamacas - the villa has a lovely garden by the way! He was right, we had a great time with the family and we will come back again.

This villa and the location is highly recommended - a quick review here which I hope helps other travelers.

Liked best: The charming villa
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Jetzeell...
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Loved it. Truly a relaxing and amazing different caribbean experience.”
Reviewed 9 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

The villa is located apart from the rest of Las Terrenas nearly at the end of the beach strip. Which was ideal for us because we wanted to be close enough to everything but still have some privacy. The Villa is also very private with its own private pool. and the bedroom walks you right into the swimming pool. The management and cleaning crew were super nice. It was truly an amazing getaway experience. The first night everything was a little too dark for me, because I'm a city girl and there are no night lights in the street. By the second night I was used to it and appreciated and loved the moon light peace of it all. I can't say enough about the experience. Make sure you visit the beach side restaurant all the way at the end of the strip. It has a beautiful setting and excellent food. We also walked around and ate at the blue house beachside restaurant which was awesome. Avoid the overpriced bad food offered at the hotels on the strip though. I do not recommend them at all. Instead the places by the water were best. For breakfast ask a local for the information for el gordo I think his name was chef cholo or pepe or just ask for el chef gordo everybody knows him. Anyway, its a big dark local guy that has a restaurant and he will deliver to the villa for $100 pesos breakfast lunch or dinner. Have Fun!! I can't wait to go back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy, swimming pool, hammocks and proximity to the beach
Liked least: Mosquitoes, also Toilet seat was a little lose, please fix.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Walt429
Cedarhurst, New York
“Everything you could ask for and more.....”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

I have been extremely lax in posting my comments and review of Villa Belle Vie. Obviously the home and location are perfect - everything you would ever want for a vacation. The beach is mere yards away...the town is 5 minutes away by car and there are many bars/beach front places to grab a cold one only minutes away by foot. What I feel is most important to share with others are my thoughts of the owners and the rental agency. A little history. My Wife and I originally booked Viviana and Julien's home back in October 2013. Upon our arrival on a Wednesday I received rather bad news that I had a serious family emergency back home in NY. I needed to return immediately and if anyone is not aware the flights in and out of AZS only run on Wednesday and Saturday. We were forced to drive to POP to fly home from there. I notified Beatrice - who handles the rentals for Viviana and Julien - and she was extremely accommodating and understanding of my situation. She had Michael - who does a lot of the leg work for the agency and is a very respectful and nice young man - he could work for me anytime! - come to the Villa first thing Thursday morning with our deposit - no questions asked. We drove to POP and returned home. After a few days I reached out to Viviana and Julien to touch base and apologize for our abrupt exit and to explain to them my family emergency. Without any hesitation or me asking for it they told me that the money that I paid up front for the rental could be used at anytime within the next 12 months. This may not sound like a big thing but for someone who has been traveling to DR for over 10 years and one that knows how many look at us "gringos" as $$$$ - cha ching cha ching. They could have done what many others have - said sorry for your emergency but I can't not refund your money or give you any credit. Never once did they say that. They did the right thing and it was refreshing to see that there are still good people out there. They are the type of people who I would want to call my friends. They were understanding and over the next few months would occasionally drop me an email to see how things were back home. Well things have gotten better at home and we had the chance to return this past April. As it was the first time Beatrice was a joy to deal with - returned emails that same day and provided me with all the information that I needed - and Michael was right there when we arrived with a smile on his face welcoming us back.. You can have your choice of many beautiful homes to rent in LT but if you want to deal with honest, compassionate people who you would want as your friends rent Viviana and Julien's Villa Belle Vie - trust me you will not go wrong.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Mariela C
Jericoacoara, Ceara, Brazil
“THE PEFECT VACATION PARADISE! SIMPLY GORGEOUS AND RELAXING!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

We travel often to Las Terrenas and this was by far our favorite place to stay. We felt like at home but better, It is just a very quiet and relaxing place. It's also so conveniently located, 1 minute walk away from the beach, close to the good restaurants, spas, groceries stores and more importantly it is just 5 minutes away from a good KITESURFING spot!

The place is absolutely gorgeous, decorated with a very good taste; detailed, colors, textures, lighting...everything exceeded my expectations! The pool is considerably big, perfect to chill and relax right after taking a swim at the beach. The beds are very comfortable, we slept like babies there. The master-bedroom has a door that opens directly into the beautiful garden and pool area, a great way to start your day! The kitchen is a cook's dream, it has everything you could need to make a meal that you would make at your own place. Everything we needed was available for us!

This is just the perfect Vacation home, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!

Travelling group: Con mi pareja
Santo Domingo
Reviewed 21 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

St. Louis
Reviewed 10 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing