We just returned from two weeks in Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic, during which we stayed at Jim and Suzanne's Casas del Mar Neptunia. This was our third visit to Las Terrenas, the first spent at this bed and breakfast. You won't find two nicer hosts than Jim and Suzanne -- always around to answer questions or help with anything you need from restaurant recommendations to taxi drivers. Rooms were modest, but clean and well-maintained. We paid a small extra sum for the use of an adjacent kitchenette so we could fix an occasional meal at home. Simple breakfast of baguettes, coffee, juice and fresh fruit was included in the very reasonable room price by smiling, always cheerful Dominican women. We used the hotel's taxi driver on several occasions; he drove a large, well-maintained vehicle and was always reasonably priced and on time. Neptunia is half a block off the beach, and walking distance to countless restaurants, banks, shops, pharmacies, car rental establishments, and just about anything you could want.
If you are a light sleeper, or like us, are used to sleeping in a quiet rural setting, you may find some of the night time noises disturbing (at times, cats brawling, cows mooing, roosters, loud talking and motorcycle engines can be heard). Just bring some ear plugs, because you probably won't find anything quieter in Las Terrenas in a central beach location. And it's worth being front and center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic location, only a minute walk to the beach and five minutes walk to the town square, numerous restaurants, bars, and shops. Set in a lush tropical garden filled with a variety of the island's flowers and trees, attracting many hummingbirds and other colourful species. Friendly and helpful staff that take pride in the hotel's cleanliness. From the comfortable and charming rooms, french doors open to your porch where you can enjoy the peaceful beauty of the garden. Some guests like to have their breakfast served on their porch, while others prefer to eat in the common social lounge area, where travellers share information about their adventures or their dining experiences at one of the numerous restaurants located within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Casas del Mar Neptunia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casas Del Mar Neptunia Hotel Las Terrenas
- Casas Del Mar Neptunia Dominican Republic/Samana - Las Terrenas