We stayed 7 nights at Alisei in February after choosing the hotel based on its location (on the beach, and short distance to Fisherman's Village). Everything about our stay was fabulous. The staff were friendly and helpful and although my husband speaks a little Spanish, mostly we were able to communicate with them in English which was great. The grounds are beautifully kept, and the pool is very large--large enough to host about 20 people doing water aerobics in one end leaving an entire large half of the pool for the rest of us! The lounge chairs are high quality and the Alisei provides plenty of chairs on the beach as well, which is just across the road from the hotel entrance. Our stay included breakfast daily at Baraonda and the options were plentiful and the buffet was well kept. A 10% gratuity (and 18% tax) is included pretty much everywhere, but we always left an extra couple dollars for the staff after breakfast or at the bar because they were so nice. The only drawback to this place--if you are seeking more of an all-inclusive experience and not into exploring the town and surrounding areas--is that Baraonda is the ONLY restaurant. The food is perfectly good (surprisingly good, actually), but it would probably get tiresome eating there multiple times a day for a week. We ate most of our meals in town at the Fisherman's Village restaurants, or even further afield, such as Mi Corazon (best meal we had) and Le Tre Caravelles. From the Alisei it is about an 8-10 minute walk to Fisherman's Village--either by beach or by road. And in the other direction, you can walk for about 15 minutes to Spoon Beach--the beach gets even nicer in that direction. Alisei is about a 10-minute drive to Coson, the most beautiful beach in the area, and also Bonita, a well-known surfing beach. The location really can't be beat in terms of proximity to town, beach access, and also the fabulous pool. We stayed in a studio room, 3 flights up (great view of the property and ocean beyond), with a king bed, desk, bureau, mini-fridge, water bubbler, large shower and separate bathroom. We had a balcony with 2 chairs and for us, it was perfect. Some people might wish for a seating area but really, how much time do you spend in your room? We did see some of the larger 1- and 2-bedroom suites with kitchens and large terraces and they would be fantastic if traveling with friends. The rooms are not as opulent as some of the 5-star places we've stayed in Punta Cana or Cabo, just simple and well kept. The maid service was very prompt. The ceiling fan and AC worked great, and we were extremely comfortable. There is a great mix of cultures on site and at the pool--a lot of French and Italian families as well as plenty from New York (like us). Overall, this was a perfect vacation. I only regret that we never got a chance to check out the spa...guess we'll have to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Beach Front Apartments, where life is a breeze. Hotel Alisei consists of 54 brand new apartments with en-suite bathroom(s), private access and spacious terrace. Decorated in stylish Caribbean elegance with rich tropical hard wood furniture, king size bed(s) and/or single beds, fine fabrics in soft tones and a cozy integrated seating and kitchen area with plenty of colorful pillows. Tall glass doors lead to a large private terrace with enchanting ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Alisei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alisei Hotel Las Terrenas
- Hotel Alisei Dominican Republic/Samana - Las Terrenas