“Great service”

McCracken Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in McCracken
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Just celebrated a birthday here with am overnight stay and meal in the restaurant for a party of 22 people. Service was outstanding from initial enquiry through to excellent waiting staff and receptionist. Food was excellent and came out promptly. Room overlooking golf course was very nice. Would stay again

• Stayed: August 2014
Dan C, General Manager at McCracken Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments regarding your visit with us. It is fantastic to hear that we made your birthday an enjoyable one and that the staff looked after you well. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our 3rd stay there and every time it is perfect The staff are so accommodating,the beds so comfortable,bathroom towels soft and big and to top it off the food is wonderful There is nothing negative about this place

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the great review. All the staff here really appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Rind Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I had a great time.We found the staff very friendly and the food was great value.
Also the facilities are excellent and affordable.We would recommend it to everyone.No matter what time of day or night the staff were very bubble and helpful. We invited some friends to join us in your restaurant for dinner.They where very impressed with the service , quality and the quantity of the meal. they said to us they are now thinking of book for their anniversary there.

`

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan C, General Manager at McCracken Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi Erica,

Thanks for your lovely comments. I have to agree, the staff here are a friendly bunch of people and do a great job. I'm glad you enjoyed the restaurant and I look forward to seeing your friends back for their anniversary. Tell them to make themselves known, I'll buy them a glass of Champagne to celebrate.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Comfortable stay. Looooved the large towels in the bathroom not something that u find in many accommodation places. Bathroom is looking ' tired' could do with some sprucing up. Cleaning or replacing the shower cubicle frame and the sink needs replacing as has cracks in it.
All of the staff we encountered were friendly and happy and helpful. The restaurant (Boudins) was pleasant and the meals were nice.

Room Tip: ground floor was quiet and rooms were larger that the King apartments which is where we had friends...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Heather,

Thanks for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay. I'm glad you appreciated our king size towels, we think they make a great difference. You will happy to know that a bathroom upgrade is planned for the very near future, so next time you stay it should be sparkling. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Lovely staff, beautiful surroundings and very reasonable prices. Food was good and the facilities are excellent. Really enjoyed our stay. We would recommend McCracken to everyone for a great weekend. Jodi and Jarad

• Stayed: July 2014

Hi Jodi & Jarad,

Thank you for your great comments. I'm glad you enjoyed our lovely property as much as we do. We all look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My partner and I had been exploring through Deep Creek Conservation Park all day, when we realised we hadn't booked anywhere to stay. We drove around for hours when we came across McCracken Country Club. Lucky they had a cancellation and could book us in immediately, because it was late, they even provided a discount. The Reception women was bright, bubbly and had a great attitude (she was also the Food & Beverage Manager).
The room was lovely for the price with a spa that was exactly what the body needed after a long day.
We ordered room service which was incredible for the price. The seafood platter was delicious and the Peanut Butter Cheese cake was perfect to complete the meal.
Overall a great stay for the night. Only negative was that the bed was too hard and both myself and partner had sore backs the next day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan C, General Manager at McCracken Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review. Isn't Deep Creek Conservation Park fantastic? I hope it wasn't too cold. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Megan welcomed you warmly. I'm glad you got enjoyed your meals, especially the cheesecake. It's one of my favourites. I am disappointed that you found the beds too hard. You'll be happy to know that we will be putting brand new king beds in all the rooms soon. We will be looking at various mattress options but this time we will try to go a bit softer.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Last visited here in 2011 and vowed to not return for a meal, yet my Grandfather suggested having his birthday lunch here today. My family of 8 were all less than impressed with our dining experience. Staff were not friendly or hospitable, and meals were very poor. 6 of the meals came out at the same time, yet 2 of us were left waiting for at least another 15 minutes for our meals to arrive. No staff members informed us there would be a wait on our meals and we were not told, 'sorry for the wait,' when they did come out. The side salads on the plate were all limp and past their use-by date. My Grandmother had grilled fish, which was stone cold. (She chose not to complain, as she didn't want to create a fuss and could sense that the staff were not very hospitable.) Many other meals were either 'luke warm' or cold.
Drinking glasses were very filthy, as were the windows which overlook the golf course.
Overall, it was a very expensive experience, which did not deliver for the reputation they claim to uphold. Will definitely not be wasting money here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Quirky_Circus
Dan C, General Manager at McCracken Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review in regards to your lunch with us on Sunday. I am extremely sorry to read that you haven’t enjoyed your dining experience with us on either of the two occasions you’ve visited us and am at a loss to explain the reasons behind this. I am disappointed that you chose to leave your comments in this forum rather than contact me directly, especially as you live locally. I like to think that we have a good relationship with locals at McCracken Country Club and I am always willing to discuss any issues our guests may encounter.

Kind Regards

Dan Court

Also consider these accommodations in or near McCracken
The Anchorage Hotel
#1 of 6 in Victor Harbor
Apollon Motor Inn
Apollon Motor Inn
#6 of 6 in Victor Harbor

Been to McCracken Country Club? Share your experiences!