All reviews zebedee springs explosion gorge el questro steakhouse restaurant the river emma gorge private camp river view bungalow full day tour horse riding hot springs swimming hole look outs self drive live music permanent tents camping area
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I had a two day stay while clients stayed at the homestead. My meals at the restaurant were excellent. All were beautifully cooked. The staff were wonderful and very friendly. I didn't want to leave! I did the Explosion Gorge tour with Warren. He was very good and it was obvious he loved his job. I would have loved to explore this station some more.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Neil C
Lori_Litwack, General Manager at El Questro The Station, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Neil C

We just wanted to thank you for your acknowledgement of the wonderful meals and service at El Questro’s Steakhouse Restaurant. We have put a lot of energy into making the restaurant on par with any top eatery one would find in the city and our chefs and wait staff alike are passionate about the quality. It is also fantastic to see that our guides were able to impress you too, hopefully you can return and enjoy more of their knowledge and hospitality.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We Camped at the private campsites and enjoyed our 5 day stay at this beautiful place. I must comment on the Ranger staff who acted like they had a huge chip on their shoulders. Experience 1. When we first arrived to check in the signage was very confusing I parked my Ute with camper trailer in what I considered to be a sensible spot across the road from the petrol bowsers while my wife went in to pay our fees ect. I left the car running as it was hot and the kids were in the car with me, I was approached by one of the 'Rangers' who stood about 5 meters away and he pulled some weird face at me and held his hands up with the a questioning gesture. I smiled and gave him a wave. He came over to the car and just stood there and pulled another face at me as if to gesture what you are doing. I opened the car window and he said we are very busy here and this area can become congested and you will have to park over there and pointed to an area about 10 meters away. I was not blocking traffic and thought his way of pulling faces and gesturing was very rude and unnecessary.
Experience 2. We had been camped at out spot for 3 Nights and the wife and children had taken the car to the 'Station' for horse rides, and other activities so I was alone at the campsite with just the camper set up. I was inside the camper watching a DVD when a car pulled up I thought it was my family returning as it sounded like my Hilux so I stayed inside and did not immediately come out, I could hear the door open and footsteps and couple of minutes passed buy when I heard a man's voice say hello ! I was a bit shocked and replied yes hello and jumped up to see who was in our campsite. It was another ranger an older man who began to what I can only describe as interrogate me about how long I was staying, why is the fire place there, and went on and on about other campers who had used logs 3 meters long on the fire and had a party the night before, I replied I did hear music but it was no bother to us and I was informed 'we called the police on them' Information I really was not interested about.
I felt my privacy had been rudely invaded for no reason, he had been in my campsite for some time before he announced himself and our site was clean and we were following all the rules set out in the handout provided to us when we booked in. El Questro staff I understand you have a huge volume of visitors to deal with but back off the bad cop routine it is unnecessary and damaging to your reputation try and be a bit more friendly, communicate better and be more respectful of people’s privacy

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BossBoris

Dear BossBoris

I want to thank you for bringing to my attention these two incidents involving members of our ranger team. I am truly sorry for the manner in which they interacted with you, it is not how we normally treat our valued guests. We do work very hard with all of our staff to refine their guest relations through our "Guest Path" program, which forms an integral part of our staff induction process.

We regularly find the behaviour of our rangers to be very professional, as noted in many other reviews. These 2 incidents were uncharacteristic of the individuals involved, I do truly believe their diligent work ethic outweighed common sense and etiquette. I have since addressed this issue with them, reminding them of the softer techniques that should be employed in these circumstances.

In addition to this, our signage will be the focus of an audit over the coming months to improve it’s efficiency, especially around The Station entrance, given the level of traffic. The size of the vehicles that pass through there tend to block the existing signage, making it difficult to direct traffic into the relevant parking areas. We hope that this alleviates the confusion you found on arrival.

Boris, please accept my apologies again for the actions of the rangers, I know they meant no ill will and I am sorry it came across as such.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed as group of 7, on a private campsite,June 2013. The campsite was as expected being in the bush and by the river, lovely setting.. The down side was no toilet facilities available on the site, as a result previous campers had used the edge of the cleared site as a toilet facility, leaving human waste along with used toilet tissue. The closest long drops were a drive away and we were unable to walk through from site to site as there was no walkway through the bush cleared. In the main camp area the facilities were in need of an upgrade, could have also been cleaner. As noted by a previous reviewer, the water pressure was bad, water often luke warm and the washing machines took over 1 hour! This had nothing to do with being in the outback as other stations we stayed at along the Gibb had great facilities (charnley station, excellent!). For the price charged El Questro should provide newer facilities, as this is now the expectation by today's traveller. The George's outside of El Questro are better and free, as no $20 PP wilderness pass charge. On the
plus side the barbie night was great, good Musician, and entertainment. Time to pick up the game a El Questro.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Lori_Litwack, Manager at El Questro The Station, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Dear landi13,

I understand your lack of praise for some of the facilities at El Questro’s camping areas. We are looking to refurbish, expand and generally improve our camping facilities and hope that this is accomplished soon. The hot water and water pressure have been fixed since you visited and is running well now for all of the showers.

The Private Campsites are in fact bush camping which is part of the experience and what makes them special. We do offer a few eco toilets amongst the sites, but by and large it is meant to be a bush experience. I am however truly sorry that the campers before you do not do the right thing with their waste. Whilst we clean every site after guests check out, sometimes items past the boundary are not always discovered.

El Questro is an amazing place and we welcome the feedback to continuously improve. We hope that you would have occasion to test our facilities again in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Having stayed there before, we decided to get a private camp spot, for which you do pay extra. But it was well worth it. We were at least 5 km from The Station, and 500 m from our nearest neighbour. We had a huge area which was shaded all day and we had the river running right beside us. Just glorious. It was a bit of a hike to to eco loo, but thats what bush camping is all about.
Would do it again. We did the Explosion Gorge / Brancos Lookout tour which was excellent. We also walked Emma Gorge, so beautiful, Zeberdee Springs and Amalia Gorge. 3 days is no where near enough time to spend at El Questro. Next time we will stay a week.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Clementine M, Marketing Manager, Parks & Resorts Australia at El Questro The Station, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Clareville251,

We just wanted to thank you for the most favourable review of El Questro Station’s camping area. The private campsites are definitely a unique experience, we are pleased that you were able to enjoy them. We hope you have the chance to return for a visit once again.

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We camped for 5 nights in a private campsite and we absolutely loved it. Peaceful at night and a very short drive to the main area which had live music and a bar/restaurant if we couldn't be bothered cooking. All staff including tour guides, helicopter pilot, waitstaff and reception were exceptionally friendly and warm. Emma and El Questro Gorges were magnificent, warm springs were lush and exotic, heli-fishing and Miri Miri were well worth the money and we enjoyed the horseriding so much that we booked another ride in. Already planning the next trip up there!

• Stayed: June 2013
Clementine M, Marketing Manager, parks & Resorts Australia at El Questro The Station, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Clareville251,