“Excellent dining experience!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Karratha
Leonora, Western Australia, Australia
“Excellent dining experience!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The waiting staff was perfect. The food was excellent they even had a nice grand piano and a great piano player playing while dining it was very nice and set a great atmosphere. I would definitely dine here again.

Room Tip: All very slandered rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brett S, Manager at Karratha International Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your review Johnathon.

Unfortunately we don't have a piano player at the moment however I'm pleased to advise that our great food is still being served by our wonderful wait staff.

Hope to see you when next you return to Karratha.

Regards

Brett Saunders
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for business during May 2014.
The rooms are newly renovated , very spacious and clean.
All rooms have a front and back door and are individually air conditioned.
The room has all the amenities.
The pool area is very nice and clean. The pool bar is also very good, with a nice selection of foods and drinks.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank hagaist
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed with a colleague for work for one night and I had not been here for about 20 years. It is still an excellent place to stay. Staff were helpful, rates reasonable and the rooms were big and clean. Decent sized tv, the only complaint would be the extra charge for wi-fi - $22. When the room rate is $300 a night, most paces have free wi-fi these days and there were problems with it. I could not connect so went back to reception who gave me a new password but still didn't work. I had to ring them and then they told me it wasn't working but the technician was on site fixing it. it was working 5 minutes later and didn't drop out after that. My colleague gave up.
Room needs new carpet but everything else was fine. There is a drive through bottlo over the road (Thirsty Camel) and I got 4 cans of bourbon for only $1 more than Perth.
To my delightful surprise, I discovered there was a cooked breakfast (there is also a continental one) included in the rate. I had the eggs benedict and it was delicious. Service was good too and we were seated next to the window looking out to the pool area. Lovely.
They have also thoughtfully placed a chair outside the second exit (the room has front and back doors-the back door takes you through to the restaurant and pool areas) with an ashtray for any smokers. Also able to park outside the room.
I would totally recommend this old favourite.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Karratha International for one night in February. The room was neat and clean, however the décor was ageing and the room was dark for the $400 RRP a night. The pool was great, however as it was low season the pool bar was not open til later, we had to walk through the lobby to the front bar in our bathers to get drinks, and had to pay cash as could not charge to the room in the front bar. It was fine for one night, but not worth the money. We ate elsewhere for our meals. Room prices of $250 a night would be more appropriate for the facilities, as a comparison the Burswood in Perth charges $400 a night for a premier hotel. Staff were friendly for Karratha and the person who checked us in was helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

But you probably know this already, there's not too much to choose from up in the big K Town. Beats the wet messes at the camps, so if you get the opportunity, do stay.

If you are holding an event they have a good convention centre.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lukianp
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Booked two premier king rooms for an overnight stay.

This hotel doesn't look much from the outside, it has a roadside motel look about it (low, beige brick building with a row of doors facing out) and on arrival we thought we would be disappointed.

Check in was friendly and the chap explained that we couldn't have adjoining rooms as the premier kings weren't located next to each other. No problem. He then said he put my little 3 yr old grandaughter and I further from the pool area because they had a DJ there and it would be less noisy and I thought that was thoughtful in case she needed a nap.

The rooms were really a nice surprise, modern, spacious, clean and well appointed with excellent aircon. They appeared to have been recently renovated. They had everything you would expect of a 4 star. We didn't hear any outside noise at all from our room and had a peaceful sleep.

The pool was large, deep and refreshing (with a shallow end for children) and the outside dining area around the pool was comfortable with enough shade and nice wicker chairs. We ordered lunch and dinner and the meals were very good. Not sure why but my dessert was brought out before my dinner - I think there was a misunderstanding because my son in law asked for my grandaughters icecream to come out with our meals as we had already fed her. The waitress did not have enough command of English to deal with this - so rather than cause a fuss I just took it. Apart from that little hiccup the food was very nice.

We spent a relaxing afternoon and evening around the pool and the atmosphere was friendly and enjoyable.

I don't think you would be disappointed if you chose to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Geel0nggirl
Falkirk, Scotland
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We didn't stay here but we had a meal in the restaurant which was nothing spectacular and overpriced for what we got. We went into the bar for a pre dinner cocktail and wished we hadn't as the barmaid was totally disorganised and we waited for 25 minutes before the drinks were served up. She had to enlist the help of Rachel from the restaurant to make up some of the drinks.The service in the restaurant was much better thanks to Rachel who was the only one who looked as though she knew what she was doing. Glad we weren't celebrating anything important!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karratha
The Ranges Karratha
#2 of 2 in Point Samson
Dampier Mermaid Hotel
Dampier Mermaid Hotel
#1 of 1 in Dampier

Been to Karratha International Hotel? Share your experiences!