“Great Thai”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casual beachfront dining, central location with seating of approximately 84 pax, authentic Thai cooking by Thai Nationals. Very reasonable costings from approximately $10 to $32.00 for dine in patrons, also available the same menu for takeaway with costings from approximately $9 to $23.00. Very reasonable drink prices with a wide selection of beers and wines. BYO wine charge at $6.00/bottle. Choc Dee's specialities include Sunee's world famous Tamarind Duck, or my favourite the Seafood Pineapple Curry, all dishes may be ordered from Extra Mild, Mild, Medium, Hot or Thai Hot, but beware our spice levels are high.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Had the Seafood Pineapple Curry which was superb. My husband was accommodated by adding seafood to his dish even though it was not stated. Great service and beach front. would go there again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I eat Thai reasonably frequently and my wife always orders green curry. Se had,the best green curry ever at Choc Dee. Keep in mind we fairly regularly visit Thailand and she has had a lot of curries. Me, I had a Thai salad which I could not fault. Service was great and you get what you pay for. Highly recommended.

1  Thank mmcin719
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My partner and I had a few dishes from the menu, and it was superb. It was genuine authentic Thai. A great surprise in Palm Cove.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We got a takeaway here consisting of duck panang curry and scallop stir fry. They said it would be ready in 15 mins and it was! Curry was good with generous amount of duck. Scallops were also generous in quantity but uninspiring. Not bad overall but I imagine much better if sitting down in restaurant which loos a decent venue

1  Thank Colin D
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very good Thai food. My daughter and I shared Massaman Curry and coconut rice. Thai girls great. Service very good. Will go back.