“Visited twice, food excellent, dinner service amazing, lunch service average...”

Lime & Pepper Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 59 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Price range: US$16 - US$33
Cuisines: Australian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dining at Peppers Beach Club & Spa Lime & Pepper Peppers Beach Club & Spa's signature restaurant Lime & Pepper offers a combination of diversified cuisine incorporating the sumptuous and distinct flavours of the tropics. Utilising a variety of local produce, Lime & Pepper's Executive Chef creates an array of impeccably presented dishes which are designed to complement the restaurant's beautiful beachside location and uninterrupted views of stunning Palm Cove. Lime & Pepper's carefully crafted menu goes hand in hand with a varied wine list and stylish surrounds completing your sensory journey.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

With eight days in Palm Cove, we were looking for variety and found it in many places including Lime & Pepper.

We had heard good things from locals given the changes Thomas (Head Chef) had made over the past 12 months and after arranging a baby sitter, booked a rare night out with the better half on a Friday night.

Must say, we were not disappointed. After starting with cocktails and moving to wine, this was accompanied by several dishes from the Tapas menu. We chose five dishes and found that was enough for two. A couple of the dishes were between entree and main so don't get carried away ordering too many from the start - you can always add on.

We had the bugs, prawns, soba noodles, pepper slaw salad and wontons and they were all great, followed by Creme Brûlée and sweet wine. The service was excellent, friendly and the team looked like they were enjoying themselves and we even met Thomas. When it was a little quieter, he introduced himself to several tables to get our feedback along with providing more background on the the dishes we chose. Talk about passion. He seems to LOVE his job.

Great night. Thanks for a great date night.

Lunch a few days later - well - was not so great. While the food was still good (very good), the team serving (no one the same from Friday night) looked like they would rather be somewhere else. The list is long e.g. had to ask three times for our order to be taken and with kids you don't have the luxury of a long lunch, server forgot drinks, wrong dish came out and another missing, asked for high chair twice, plates left on table and given 'look' when I asked one of the three staff chatting if they could clean table.

AMATEUR HOUR.

I'm not sure if the night team is different to the day team, but the experience couldn't have been any more different. If not for the great food again, you would think you were at a completely different restaurant. Got a foul look when I didn't leave tip. Very rarely do I not tip, however given the experience we had night before....

Sorry Thomas, great food but the team let you down this time. I've given my rating based on our dinner experience. Had it been the lunch, service would have been 1-2.

1  Thank NZBred
There are newer reviews for Lime & Pepper Restaurant

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I last ate here 12 months ago and was pleasantly surprised and again I was not disappointed. I dined with my sister from London with her children who is critical of service if it is not 5 stars and with my parents.

The menu had changed since our last visit and initially we looked at it and felt a little disappointed. However there was no need to worry, as it was diverse with choice and well thought-out. My Mother is allergic to tomatoes she often finds it hard to find a menu to cater for her needs. And I do not eat red meat.

My parents had the Mahi Mahi fish served on a risotto bed and loved it. Stating that the flesh was moist not over cooked and full of flavor. I had the tasting plate for two as I really could not deiced what to have. It was very interesting enjoyable and rather different. My only negative comment was that I felt disappointed with the Thai fish cakes. I make these at home and preferred my own. The Pawpaw salad was the high light of the meal. Full of wonderful flavor crisp rather usual to others that I have had including my own. The children's menu as just fantastic full of choice. The Chef came out to ask if every thing was to our needs, which was a nice thought.

The wine list was interesting and was well thought out. Over all after dining in nearly all of the restaurants in Palm Cove I would have to say that this one is just fabulous. One leaves feeling satisfied every need had been catered for. I would highly recommend eating here you will not be disappointed. Not only that it really is value for money. Some restaurants in Palm Cove do over charge and really are not up to standard. The bonus was it was full moon and we were able to watch it from our table. Beautiful venue opposite the beach.

1  Thank ningaloo2006
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Good food, watch overloaded mango daiquiri !,
Nice selection of wine and food, nibbles were nice too.
Great to watch the day turn to night, when it's not windy...

1  Thank Greg H
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This restaurant is great !! It started with the most tasteful cocktails five of us enjoyed the night before my birthday. We all came back for a wonderful dinner the following night and can't wipe the smiles off our faces.
Chris, the manager was full of knowledge and more than happy to answer all our questions about the menu as well as local information with great enthusiasm,passion and charm.
Thomas, the head chef, made the effort to visit our table a number of times, sharing his knowledge and secrets of the kitchen (being massive foodies , this was a bonus!) And overall, felt we were well taken care of in a wonderfully realaxing atmosphere and the perfect place to enjoy my celebratory dinner.
Couldn't have asked for a better night !

1  Thank georgieswaterfall
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

After trying many restaurants along the esplanade we finally came to Peppers and wished we had come sooner. For price it has been the MOST reasonable (freshest produce, best service and most comfortable atmosphere). Thomas, the chef, came out to our table and spent time talking to us - being Melbourne foodies this made our night. The manager Chris made our birthday celebration one to remember and the food was exceptional and faultless. Thank you for the best night!

1  Thank Elaine B