Island Views Palm Cove
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mantra Amphora(Palm Cove)
Arlington Apartments(Clifton Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsboutique collectionhuge balconymaster bedroombalcony accesshuge bathroom with spa bathmedia roomtop floormain bedroomamazing apartmentacross the roadoverlooking the beachsecure parkingsea breezeeverything you could possibly needplace to stayperfect locationair conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just a short note to say that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Island Views at Palm Cove. The accommodation and location is the best we have had in 4 visits to Palm Cove or Port Douglas. The people at Boutique Collection that manage the accommodation were friendly and helpful and we were lucky enough to have them arrange both early check in and late departure. The accommodation is better than most 5 star hotels and provides for all options to eat in or eat out. Home mixed cocktails on the balcony with fresh fish on the BBQ- what more could we want?. The pool temperature was just perfect as we do not like a cold pool or feeling like it is bath temp. We had one issue with the individual room air cons as they kept turning off but sorted it the next morning.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the upper level rooms for the best views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank David A
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were absolutely delighted at the apartments - we used these for me and my bridesmaids to get ready in before my wedding and then as our wedding night. They are big spacey and open, but beware, the openness came back to bite us on our final night. The apartment has a beautiful big balcony with a barbeque. On our last night we had my family around for a barbeque. At 9pm the lady next door stuck her head over the balcony and screeched at us to shut up we talk too loud. Shocked by this and completed our meals we moved into the kitchen where my aunty was doing the dishes and the rest of us were talking and laughing about the speeches and cheering. At 930pm it sounded like someone was going to knock the door down, I answered to an extremely angry and abusive woman. She explained at the top of her voice with her finger in my face that she was management and owned the apartment and we talk too loud - our wedding was yesterday so move on. By this stage my aunty was packing away dishes, so there were dished clunking. The angry woman screeched we were trashing the apartment and stormed in! I have never been so invaded, we paid to be there and this crazy women just stormed in screeching. I had to yell at her get out! This really threw me as we had just been married, we had many valuables in the house and our 3yr old flower girl asleep on the couch right next to the front door, after I got her back out I had to tell her to calm down and explained I would sort the loud ‘talking’ out. Next minute I have her husband yelling at me her sister owns the apartment, by this stage we were well over the lies and abuse.
The next day we were very eager to check out when I returned the key, there were two ladies on the counter, I apologised for the loud talking and while one was understanding and happy to hear we had a good time at our wedding and palm cove. The other treated me like scum, she took the key off me and said she would be doing a thorough inspection. When I explained the crazy woman had let herself in I was told she owns a few of the apartments, like it was ok.
We will not be coming back. I wouldn’t recommend these to anyone who wants to talk to other people in the apartment it’s probably best for a solo traveller.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KLam2013
BoutiqueCollection, Manager at Island Views Palm Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

This was no doubt an unfortunate incident, and while there are several different versions of the events of that evening (including from the Queensland Police, who attended in response to the noise complaint) we agree that the response you received did not assist in resolving the situation.

We are working with the relevant parties to ensure that they are aware of your feedback, and to put in place better strategies for dealing with noise complaints in the future. We are certainly disappointed that this situation affected your stay and your impression of Island Views, and take this opportunity to apologise to you and your family for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

While we could not have asked for a bigger or better-appointed apartment, or one that had a better view of the ocean, our experience at Island Views Palm Cove was lessened by the fact that there are problems with the building’s body corporate, which have a negative impact on holiday-goers.
Firstly, the so-called temperature-controlled pool was freezing. Out of the 12 days we stayed there, the pool’s temperature was only bearable on two occasions. This is not good enough for an alleged five-star property. It was actually warmer to swim in the ocean.
There appears to be a fight going on between full-time tenants in the building because on a few occasions when we went to check the pool’s temperature, because it was so cold, there were several threatening signs placed on the equipment. It sounded like this temperature problem had been occurring for some time.
Secondly, the Wi-Fi did not work during our stay, which was blamed on the body corporate by Boutique Collection staff. We eventually were told to “piggy-back” onto another room’s Wi-Fi, which gave us intermittent internet access at best.
Other annoyances included the fact the baby's cot was not put up correctly upon our arrival, which we then had to chase for several hours before it was fixed, the extra room servicing we paid for was not done until 4.30pm, which again we had to chase up for several hours, numerous lights did not work and a light fitting was missing from one of the bathrooms – all very slack for a property of this standard and the way it is marketed.
It is a shame these factors contributed to us not having the five-star holiday we were looking forward to.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lyrums

Thank you for your comments. We have passed your feedback in relation to these issues on to the body corporate committee, and we understand that steps are being taken by the body corporate to resolve both concerns.

Please accept our apologies as to the other matters – we have used your feedback to ensure that all cots are installed with bedding for guests on arrival, and have noted your comments in relation to the service and maintenance issues. We hope to see you in beautiful Palm Cove again, and look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay.

Regards, the Boutique Collection team.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed for 4 days in a third floor apartment for out Honeymoon post Ironman Cairns. It was perfect. An amazing apartment and the Boutique Collection staff were fantastic. The girl we dealt with had just started but was well informed and went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. The apartment was 5 stars. Beautiful inside and a perfect location. Couldnt have asked for more. There was one apartment for sale at the time and if it wasnt on the ground floor we were seriously thinking of purchasing it so we could return more often. Highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Spent 10 days in a one bedroom apartment, level 3. Superb ocean views only interrupted by a few beautiful palms. Beautifully appointed unit. Fantastic situation in the middle of the Esplanade, a short stroll from great cafés and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013