“Good Pizza”

Price range: US$19 - US$46
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A family friendly italian restaurant serving only the best local produce. Italian food with an innovative twist. Enjoy al fresco dining opposite beautiful Palm Cove beach. Dine in or takeaway. Fully licensed bar. Restaurant is available for functions and off site catering.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had dinner at this place on the first night we arrived to Palm Cove. The food was good, but it was probably a little over-priced for what it was. I noticed that they do specials, so perhaps look out for this.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a lovely restaurant, with big meals and lots of choice in their menu. Great wine list and even better cocktails. I hear the takeaway pizza is great as well.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

On Wednesday night last week we arrived at Portobello to a full restaurant.
Typically Italian - noisy,garlicy,music and a lot of "bon Homme".They produced a table out of nowhere and we were placed into the centre of the room.
My wife and I ordered lamb shanks which arrived with creamy mash and a tomato based vegetable medley.It was generous and delicious! My daughters had pizza and chicken salad between them and could not finish it but described it as brilliant. You must try Portobello if you really want an authentic italian experience!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We saw this restaurant busy every night and thought this must be awesome and was looking forward to eating here.

We ate here last Friday, got a table, it was busy. The waitress was nice and got drinks, we ordered, kids meals, and pasta, couple of garlic breads, that was all. Took 45 mins for garlic bread, kids ate that so quickly, it was ok. This should of set of warning bells, after an hour of waiting for our mains, kids very hungry and very restless at this stage. Asked 3 times how much longer got no reply so we asked to change it to takeaway kids were very restless we arrived at 6.30 for dinner. So we took the kids back to our holiday house (5min walk)showered them, while waiting for the hubbies to bring food home, we were back waiting and it took another 45mins for them to return back with the food.

They forgot the kids meals, so they had to wait longer.

The food wasn't the greatest, very peppery, no cheese (who serves pasta without cheese) hardy any meat in the pastas. Kids meals again were peppery..and they charged us for an extra kids meal that we didn't order.

No sorry's, no discounts, no apologies, no nothing! I would have been happy with a sorry.. Very over rated for what you get.

Would I eat here again, not if it was busy..

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I had dinner at Portobello a couple of nights and I got really impressed. Gnocchi is to die for and pizzas are excellent, thin and crunchy as I like!
Service was excellent, also when the restaurant was fully booked. 10 out of 10! Highly recommended!