“Lives up to its name”

Chill Cafe
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Lives up to its name”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Nice relaxed atmosphere with nice sized portions for lunch and great coffee. The club sandwich was delicious but I was unsure about potato chips as the side to the dish. Service was fast and efficient.

Visited July 2014

“The Chill melted to dirty water”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

From the start the experience was in dissaray. The wait staff were not in sync with each other and didnt know who was sitting where and what tables were spare. I ordered Bacon and Eggs (poached) A orange Juice and Flat white. My wife ordered some fruit concoction. Simple order really. After 20 minutes of watching the circus my OJ came out.. didnt taste to bad. 35 minutes our food came out.. Still no coffee and I reminded the wait staff about this... I at my breakfast.. which wasnt too bad.. it was edible. My wifes meal.. it was served in a warm... just out of dishwasher glass... when it should have been chilled. the fruit was not fresh ..and was warm from the glass and therefore tasted terrible.. and the cost of It. 20 bucks for tin fruit..come on FNQ it should be fresh fruit.. was just way over priced.. maybe $9 to $11. And 50 minutes... where the hell is my coffee... im sure it was Ashton Brothers Clowns running the show..The only part of the experience I liked is when the owner comped out meal... all of it.. I have to give him praise for that... but for the rest of the experience it was a total waste of my and my wifes morning.

Melbourne, Australia
“People who care”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Had a nice lunch with my family today at Chill. Good food and friendly service.

But what was remarkable, it's a small thing, as I was paying, the guy in charge just asked what we were doing that afternoon. I mentioned we were taking a drive and he shared a couple of places we might like to visit. Very helpful Nd friendly. He showed he cared.

2 Thank ShawnC777
Geelong, Australia
“Serving great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Dined here with our two toddlers twice for breakfast. Banana burrito - banana wrapped up in a crepe. What a great idea! We loved each dish and the coffee. Great view overlooking the beach, always busy. Staff are super friendly. Was a little crazy on the last day, granted it was school holidays but I waited half an hour for take away coffees. Turned out they had forgotten my order but he upgraded mine to a large which I appreciate as acknowledgement.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kazm76
Creswick, Australia
“Michael from Ballarat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

A fantastic cafe with delicious food and great coffee. Without doubt the best coffee in Palm Cove! The staff are attentive and very professional. A place not to be missed.

• Visited July 2014