“Pleasant lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloha Bar And Grill - CLOSED

Aloha Bar And Grill
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Canberra, Australia
“Pleasant lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We had a simple lunch here the staff were friendly and helpful. We had the chicken hamburger it was lovely not overlooked and dry as is sometimes the case. Great place for a simple lunch

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
“Oh noooo”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Don't even bother. Service is grumpy with no smiles and food took over an hour. Really, how hard can it be to prep some pancakes and poached eggs. Juice was bought, milkshake had not one single strawberry in it, coffee was a disgrace and food arrived cold. Would never go here again even though the view is fab.

Hamilton, Australia
“Avoid this Restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were unfortunate to decide to dine here after seeing the lovely photos of their food on the billboard at the front of this restaurant. We decided on scallops for entree (5 for over $17) which were undercooked and tasteless a chicken parma and the twice cooked lamb shank for main.Our meals arrived in minutes so must have been pre cooked. The chicken parma was heart shaped like what you get at safeway and tasteless. The lamb shank was nothing like their picture and was covered in a thick tomato sauce, it was dry, tasteless and tough.A few mouthfuls later and I felt a sharp object at the back of my throat embedded in the meat, after nearly choking a 4 cm long fish bone was revealed. The waiter must have witnessed my distress and I showed him what I nearly choked on. After much deliberation amongst the staff he came back apologised and offered me a free desert.I declined and reiterated how serious this could have been. He went back and did not charge me for the $28 lamb shank, aplogised again but stated it was not a fish bone but a bit of plastic. It definately looked like a fish bone to me .There was no apology from the Manager or Chef. This was our worst experience during our magnificent once in a life time holiday in Palm Cove. I felt sick for the rest of the night. Do yourself a favour and don't risk this restaurant there are plenty of great restaurants in Palm Cove. Wish I had have googled these reviews before going there.

• Visited December 2013
Calgary, Canada
“terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Avoid at all costs. We went because they had a decent menu and what seemed to be reasonable prices. The food was horrible and barely edible.

The steak was poor quality and not well cooked. The prawns that accompanied my steak were clearly frozen shrimp. Such a crime when fresh tiger prawns abound in QLD!

My parents food was equally poor, with my mum having to spit out the fish that was in her seafood platter.

Go next door to the Beach Almond if you want an amazing meal!

Visited November 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Deep fried and frozen fish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Blah, you're beachside so you would expect better. Don't bother and try something else.

Left with an oily taste in my mouth.