“faulty towers”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Adelaide, Australia
“faulty towers”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

my fiancée and I dined her for new years eve 2013, thought it was a good place to dine as most of the other places in Palm Cove had buffet menus for $100 plus a head. that was our first mistake. sat for over 30 minutes waiting to be asked for drinks with no service asking if we wanted drinks I proceeded to call one of the staff over to say we were ready to order drinks. he took our order and we waited for another 15 minutes or so for our drinks but they never arrived. I went to the bar after watching several staff members going around with plates of foods and drinks asking from table to table if it was their order with the common reply "NO" but I ordered this or I ordered that and watched countless meals go back to the kitchen. I took this as a sign to be more proactive in the least so went to the bar to find out about the drinks and saw our bottle of moscato behind the bar and mentioned that this could be ours and the reply was " yeah we were wondering who ordered that.
the drink came out as I waited at the bar till they bought it to the table. it took them another 30 minutes to come and ask us if we had ordered our meal to which we replied "NO not yet. so they took our order and my fiancée who can only eat gluten free asked what she could eat and was told the pizza could be done GF or the pasta, so she ordered the pasta and I ordered my coconut prawns as an entrée and the reef and beef as the main. another 30-40 minutes went by and no food still. then a staff member came up and said to my fiancée ' I have some bad news we do not have any gluten free pasta would you like the normal pasta' to which I replied ' um no she cant actually eat anything with gluten in it. to which he apologised and asked if she would like to order anything else. which by then she wasn't really keen to order (considering the time we wasted already)but this meant when my food came out I would be the only one eating which kind of was not what our New Years dinner ENGAGEMENT was planned to be.
the meal eventually came out and the time is now 8:45 when we arrived 7pm sharp to catch the fire works at 9. the meal wasn't even that nice upon service and upon looking around many of the customers were not satisfied with their service either with lots of complaints being heard around us. a table of young people in front of me who were there when we got there actually clapped and cheered when one of them got their entrée. upon all the clapping and cheering the young waiter dropped the entrée at the customers feet all over the floor.

we eventually made the fireworks at 9 with me eating my meal as fast as I could to get out of there watching my fiancée who is 5 months pregnant not being able to eat. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. please post this.

4 Thank jodusm

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Canberra, Australia
“Pleasant lunch”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We had a simple lunch here the staff were friendly and helpful. We had the chicken hamburger it was lovely not overlooked and dry as is sometimes the case. Great place for a simple lunch

Melbourne, Australia
“Oh noooo”
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Don't even bother. Service is grumpy with no smiles and food took over an hour. Really, how hard can it be to prep some pancakes and poached eggs. Juice was bought, milkshake had not one single strawberry in it, coffee was a disgrace and food arrived cold. Would never go here again even though the view is fab.

Hamilton, Australia
“Avoid this Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were unfortunate to decide to dine here after seeing the lovely photos of their food on the billboard at the front of this restaurant. We decided on scallops for entree (5 for over $17) which were undercooked and tasteless a chicken parma and the twice cooked lamb shank for main.Our meals arrived in minutes so must have been pre cooked. The chicken parma was heart shaped like what you get at safeway and tasteless. The lamb shank was nothing like their picture and was covered in a thick tomato sauce, it was dry, tasteless and tough.A few mouthfuls later and I felt a sharp object at the back of my throat embedded in the meat, after nearly choking a 4 cm long fish bone was revealed. The waiter must have witnessed my distress and I showed him what I nearly choked on. After much deliberation amongst the staff he came back apologised and offered me a free desert.I declined and reiterated how serious this could have been. He went back and did not charge me for the $28 lamb shank, aplogised again but stated it was not a fish bone but a bit of plastic. It definately looked like a fish bone to me .There was no apology from the Manager or Chef. This was our worst experience during our magnificent once in a life time holiday in Palm Cove. I felt sick for the rest of the night. Do yourself a favour and don't risk this restaurant there are plenty of great restaurants in Palm Cove. Wish I had have googled these reviews before going there.

Calgary, Canada
“terrible”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Avoid at all costs. We went because they had a decent menu and what seemed to be reasonable prices. The food was horrible and barely edible.

The steak was poor quality and not well cooked. The prawns that accompanied my steak were clearly frozen shrimp. Such a crime when fresh tiger prawns abound in QLD!

My parents food was equally poor, with my mum having to spit out the fish that was in her seafood platter.

Go next door to the Beach Almond if you want an amazing meal!

Visited November 2013