“New (best) location in Cairns, still amazing”
Review of Nu Nu Restaurant

Nu Nu Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 60 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Price range: US$7 - US$71
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We've eaten at many restaurants around the world, and have returned time and again to NuNu. The food is conisistently brilliant, the menu clever and dynamic and the staff attentive and well informed. It really is one of the great Australian dining experiences, and the ambience of the new location will only entrench its world class reputation. We love it, and can't wait to come back.

2  Thank Duncan M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Dinner at Nu Nu is a delicious experience. I tried the 5 course taster menu with matched wines and each course was an explosion of beautiful flavours. Imaginative food served by warm friendly knowledgeable staff. I loved it!

2  Thank MiddleEarthling
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have dined at Nu Nu quite a few times over the ten years that they have been in this area and went again recently to check out the new venue....and WOW!!!! Absolutely love the new setting; simply beautiful...watching the moon rise over the ocean through swaying palm trees, you know you are definitely in paradise!!
My partner and I decided on the tasting menu and were both completely satisfied with the variety, quality and quantity of the meals. I would go so far as saying that it was the best meal I have ever had at Nu Nu, if not the best meal ever.
Service was also wonderful...very friendly and knowledgable...loved the detailed description of each meal as it was delivered to our table.
Well done team...can't wait for my next visit!!

2  Thank kspazz
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I am in love with Nu Nu's food. Having just moved to the new absolute beachfront location - divine for cocktails before eating the best food available in Cairns. Personal favourites the ribs, betel leaf entree, exotic and unusual fusions, I think the chef is a genius. Try the crab omelette for breakfast, and the duck fried rice for a great lunch. I went elsewhere and just had to keep going back I think I have eaten the whole menu....too good to miss.

2  Thank bootja
Reviewed 8 May 2014

we decided to check out the new Nu Nu last night and we were not disappointed. Firstly sitting down so close to the water listening to the waves and watching the moonlight glisten off the water set us up for a fantastic experience. The friendly and attentive service matched the brilliant location we ordered quickly off the exciting and varied menu and didn't have to wait very long for our food .
The Red Emperor parcels were tasty and exotic, the palm heart salad hit the spot and the whole Mudcrab really blew us away.I would say if you go to one restaurant whilst staying in Cairns go to this one it really encapsulates the spirit of Far North Queensland using local ingredients to highlight this beautiful place.