“Kids, parents & grandparents loved it” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Hartley's Crocodile Adventure Half-Day Tour
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Palm Cove
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just 40 minutes north of Cairns and 25 minutes south of Port Douglas, Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures is simply the best place to see crocodiles and local wildlife in Tropical North Queensland. With over 2100 metres of timber boardwalks and pathways leading you on a journey of discovery through woodlands and rainforest where you can see an array of wildlife, including beautiful tropical birds, reptiles, insects and other native fauna.Enjoy our entertaining and educational wildlife presentations including snakes, cassowaries, koalas, crocodiles, quolls and much more. Take a boat cruise on Hartley’s Lagoon to see crocodiles and other wildlife on our melaleuca wetland. Learn about sustainable use and conservation on our Crocodile Farm tour. The newly opened Gondwana Gateway is an innovative addition to Hartley’s where you can learn about the evolution of Australian wildlife in a beautiful forest setting surrounded by living descendants of Australia’s ancient past. Enjoy a delicious snack in Lilies Restaurant overlooking Hartley’s Lagoon and find that perfect gift, including crocodile leather products, in the Paperbark Gift Shop. Open daily from 8:30am to 5:00pm, this multi-award winning eco-adventure attraction is located just 100 metres off the Captain Cook Highway on the spectacular scenic drive between Cairns and Port Douglas.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Melbourne, Australia
“Kids, parents & grandparents loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic day trip from Cairns. Even with two kids & Granny in a wheelchair we were able to access everything. Hartley's really have thought about disabled access & we were very impressed. Special mention to Duncan, genuinely lovely larrikin staff member you both entertained and educated us. Great souvenir photos of kids with snake & croc (thanks Sonny). Hand feeding wallabies was special with some babies still nursing. So many creatures in fantastic condition. Crocs were terrific but there is so much more to see & worth the trip just to hand feed the amazing endangered cassowaries.

Bathgate, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fun day out for Croc lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

My Son loves crocs so when out Barrier Reef tour was cancelled due to Cyclone Ita we booked this. Wehad a fun day, hearing all about crocs, a boat tour, photo opportunities. It was a good day and my son got to hold a baby croc for a picture. As close as we'll ever get to one thats for sure.

Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Would go again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My partner originally wanted to go to this and I wasn't so keen. Now I'm glad we did. Learned a lot about crocs, their habits, what they eat and conservation of these animals. Was a pretty good relaxed day. We did most things in 1 day, but you can return another 2 days for free. Great for the kids and great if you want to learn something about Australian wildlife. I'll come again.

Visited May 2014
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it! SOOO many crocodiles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was blown away by the number of crocodiles and the different types of crocodiles that they had at Hartley's Crocodile Farm. I was there on my own but easily spent hours there, (more time than I thought I would), because of all the different show, activities and tours you can do while you're there. I paid extra to do the "baby animals tour" which was good fun and had a variety of people on the tour so it's not JUST for kids but for anyone that loves animals. Some moments in the day I was on the edge of my seat with the crocodile action and some of the feeding shows. It was just incredible to see such a prehistoric, powerful creature in action. Whenever I hear that someone is visiting Cairns or Port Douglas I tell them they should get out to this attraction because it was one of the best things I've done up there.

Visited November 2013
sydney, nsw
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A fantastic family day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We loved this place! We were staying just up the road so popped in thinking it would be a quick visit, and ended up staying for hours! The $35 entry fee at first seemed a bit steep but when we realised what was included we were amazed- such great value for so many activites and such a great place in terms of animal welfare. We wer ehappy to support their great work. We saw a croc feeding, went on the lagoon cruise, had a nice lunch watchign crocodiles in the lagoon, we saw koala's all sorts of birds and of course the cassowaries which were just incredible. The best part was you can go back for the following 3 days without paying another entry fee! Would be an amazing thing to do with kids who can keep coming back for more. Would recommend this place to families but also couples wanting to experience all that our wildlife has to offer!

Visited May 2014