My husband and I travelled with our 16 month old and stayed at Peppers for 7 nights. We got a great deal luckily through a Getaway special and booked a 1 bedroom apartment which included buffet breakfast (our little one ate for free). As I was 4.5 months pregnant we initially were placed in a room on the top floor (about 3 or 4 flights of stairs) so requested a room change which was accommodated the next day. The staff were very helpful in placing us in a wing which had a lift and also had an extra bit of space for our 16 month to crawl / walk around in, with a bbq on the balcony which we took advantage of.
The pool is wonderful - Peppers provides buckets, spades, blow up toys etc for younger children and the sand is better quality than the actual beach. The pool bar is very convenient for a quick bite for lunch if you just want to laze by the pool and read a book. The prices are equivalent to walking outside the restaurant (sandwich of the day plus chips was roughly $12).
Palm Cove is a quiet location with not much to do, but the purpose of our holiday was just to relax and do nothing except play with our little boy, swim for a bit, then read a book and relax while he was sleeping. Recommended highly!
The only slight negative, which was addressed by management quickly and efficiently when raised, was when we changed rooms for some reason the system did not update the breakfast and newspaper offers. As such at breakfast they had to keep checking to make sure we did have breakfast included. Also, as our little boy slept in the afternoon we didn't worry too much about getting the daily service (i.e. we put the do not disturb sign on the door), but one morning we specifically requested a service in the morning which did not occur. When flagged with management they addressed immediately and we had no more issues going forward.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club & Spa is set in the heart of charming Palm Cove village in Tropical North Queensland offering the perfect place to indulge in tropical relaxation. This idyllic intimate beachfront destination is situated at the start of the beautiful coastal drive to Port Douglas and majestic Daintree Rainforest and only 20 minutes from Cairns airport. The resort offers a range of accommodation, from elegant suites and spa rooms, to one and two bedroom penthouses with private rooftop terraces, BBQs and a plunge pool or jacuzzi. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen and laundrette and takes full advantage of its surroundings with views to the ocean, pools, gardens or mountain ranges beyond. All rooms are serviced daily and offer guests free WIFI (up to 500MB), free movies, TV, FOXTEL, in-room safe, fridge, minibar and tea and coffee facilities. Our Serenity Wing has a selection of suites offering entertainment areas with gas barbecues on the balcony and a private rainforest pool. To achieve total relaxation you won't ever need to leave Peppers Beach Club & Spa. The beach lagoon takes pride of place, gently lapping against a white sandy beach surrounded by swaying palm trees. Swim up to the pool bar or dine overlooking the Coral Sea. Other diversions include tennis, lap pool, gymnasium, boutique shopping and the Salt Beauty & Spa, with its signature massages, revitalising facial treatments and soothing body treatments. Lime & Pepper Restaurant offers a combination of eccentric cuisine incorporating distinct flavours of the tropics utilising a variety of local produce. The visual appeal of the chef's creations complements Lime & Pepper's unique beachside location and uninterrupted views of stunning Palm Cove. The restaurant is open seven days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the Rocks Cafe Pool Bar is open daily for in-house guests (seasonal & weather dependant). Venture outside of the resort and will find yourself in the heart of Palm Cove. There's something for everyone, with an abundance of activities ranging from reef tours, scuba diving and deep sea fishing adventures to white water rafting, evening dinner cruises and rainforest walks. Embark on a day trip into Cairns or explore the wonders of the Daintree, Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation. Ride the famous Scenic Railway train to Kuranda or visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. The resort is perfect for a memorable romantic interlude or second honeymoon, family hideaway, wedding, birthday or a well deserved break from the rigours of modern life. Important information: Sunday 11 June 2017 - Cairns Airport IRONMAN Asia-Pacific Championship Cairns – will involve changed traffic conditions. The Captain Cook Highway between the Cairns Airport and Port Douglas will be closed from 5.30am until 5.30pm due to the annual Cairns Airport Ironman Asia Pacific Championship. For more information visit cairnsadventurefestival com au. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Peppers Beach Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Hotel Palm Cove
- Peppers Beach Club And Spa
- Peppers Beach Hotel
- Peppers Beach Resort