We are expecting our first baby in August and were looking for somewhere good to go for a "last" relaxing holiday.
We have travelled overseas to different places and really enjoy beach resorts. Normally we probably would have travelled overseas to Asia for a tropical holiday (although I have been to queensland many times before). However due to my wife being 26 weeks pregnant I thought it better to holiday at home.
It was actually our doctor who said to us jokingly "pregnant women holiday at palm cove." I looked at a few resorts through trip advisor and thought peppers was good. I booked through flight centre.
Now for the review - we had an absolutely FANTASTIC time at peppers "The beach club"
The resort has three pools - we stayed in a one bedroom penthouse above the Serenity pool. This pool is the quiet "rainforest pool" and there was no noise we could hear from our room. The penthouse had a bbq and jacuzzi on the top floor and the room was very spacious with fully equipped kitchen. I would recommend to stay above the serenity pool due to the quietness factor for couples. Many families with young kids however stayed around the bigger lagoon pool (where pretty much everyone swam). It is a great resort for families too....
The other pools where everyone swims were the formal pool and the lagoon pool. There was a pool bar which we loved as we lounged around the lagoon pool. We ordered hamburgers, cocktails (for me, no alcohol for the pregnant wife!! :-) ) and wedges.
The beach club is opposite the beach and there is a netted area where you can swim.
Probably the only slight disadvantage I would say about our stay would be the service could have been slightly better. The only two examples of this I can think of were that the room wasn't always cleaned well (i.e. sheets weren't changed everyday and things were still a bit messy) and sometimes when we went to the restaurant the staff were a bit slow to welcome us. Also the breakfast was good but no where near as big as the buffet breakfasts I've had in Asia (for e.g. traders 4 1/2 star hotel in kl malaysia).
However - we feel these were minor issues and we really have nothing but praise for this resort. We had an awesome time here. We love the beach club and I felt like crying (well not quite :-) when we had to leave after 10 days of lying around the pool, ordering food, swimming, walking along palm cove (and going out too!). I WANT BEACH CLUB!!!!!!
Additionally we really enjoyed going to Hartley's crocodile park and also green island beach was great too!
So overall - we loved Peppers Beach Club palm cove and had an awesome time. Thank you Peppers. Also special mention to staff member "Drew" who seemed to be working non stop all the time who fetched us most of our meals etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club & Spa is set in the heart of charming Palm Cove village in Tropical North Queensland offering the perfect place to indulge in tropical relaxation. This idyllic intimate beachfront destination is situated at the start of the beautiful coastal drive to Port Douglas and majestic Daintree Rainforest and only 20 minutes from Cairns airport. The resort offers a range of accommodation, from elegant suites and spa rooms, to one and two bedroom penthouses with private rooftop terraces, BBQs and a plunge pool or jacuzzi. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen and laundrette and takes full advantage of its surroundings with views to the ocean, pools, gardens or mountain ranges beyond. All rooms are serviced daily and offer guests free WIFI (up to 500MB), free movies, TV, FOXTEL, in-room safe, fridge, minibar and tea and coffee facilities. Our Serenity Wing has a selection of suites offering entertainment areas with gas barbecues on the balcony and a private rainforest pool. To achieve total relaxation you won't ever need to leave Peppers Beach Club & Spa. The beach lagoon takes pride of place, gently lapping against a white sandy beach surrounded by swaying palm trees. Swim up to the pool bar or dine overlooking the Coral Sea. Other diversions include tennis, lap pool, gymnasium, boutique shopping and the Salt Beauty & Spa, with its signature massages, revitalising facial treatments and soothing body treatments. Lime & Pepper Restaurant offers a combination of eccentric cuisine incorporating distinct flavours of the tropics utilising a variety of local produce. The visual appeal of the chef's creations complements Lime & Pepper's unique beachside location and uninterrupted views of stunning Palm Cove. The restaurant is open seven days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the Rocks Cafe Pool Bar is open daily for in-house guests (seasonal & weather dependant). Venture outside of the resort and will find yourself in the heart of Palm Cove. There's something for everyone, with an abundance of activities ranging from reef tours, scuba diving and deep sea fishing adventures to white water rafting, evening dinner cruises and rainforest walks. Embark on a day trip into Cairns or explore the wonders of the Daintree, Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation. Ride the famous Scenic Railway train to Kuranda or visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. The resort is perfect for a memorable romantic interlude or second honeymoon, family hideaway, wedding, birthday or a well deserved break from the rigours of modern life. Important information: Sunday 11 June 2017 - Cairns Airport IRONMAN Asia-Pacific Championship Cairns – will involve changed traffic conditions. The Captain Cook Highway between the Cairns Airport and Port Douglas will be closed from 5.30am until 5.30pm due to the annual Cairns Airport Ironman Asia Pacific Championship. For more information visit cairnsadventurefestival com au. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Peppers Beach Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Hotel Palm Cove
- Peppers Beach Club And Spa
- Peppers Beach Hotel
- Peppers Beach Resort