We really enjoyed our time at Peppers – Palm Cove. It is a great resort and with the lagoon pool, it is fantastic for families with children under 5. There are 2 other pools for adults, but if you are not holidaying with your family, you may want to avoid this location during school holidays.
This was our second trip here – with about 10 years in between. Not much has changed that I could spot, though the rooms have been updated. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the grounds were elegant. Breakfast (included) was always hot and tasty.
The key to making this a great resort though was the staff and service. They were outstanding! Our every question and request was met with helpfulness and good humor. They made our stay excellent.
If you have kids, this is a great place to go. The beach-like lagoon pool is fantastic for the younger ones. Teens might get bored at the pools, but there is a beach across the street with Surf Lifesavers on duty (high season only?) The swim up bar makes child minding a joy!
There are a number of shops and restaurants within easy walking distance from here, and you can easily rent cars for a day or so if you want to do day trips. This was the easiest holiday I can remember. We saw two wedding while we were there, and a reception. I think it was a great setting for them (though, again, not sure I’d pick school holidays to hold my wedding in the gardens next to the pool. I think you’d get some interesting wedding vids.) They also have a spa onsite with great services.
We each had a 1hr massage with Harmony who was great!
There are very few downsides to this place. You will pay for the experience, but it did not seem unreasonable to us. It was definitely less expensive than say Hamilton Island, or a comparable place. My biggest gripe was the availability of lounge chairs around the pool. The other guests would often put their stuff on chairs so that by 7am they were all claimed, even though less than 10% were actually occupied. It got a bit obnoxious when people would put their stuff on a chair at 7am to save it, not show up until 10:30, then leave again for 2-3 hours during nap time. I wish the resort could come up with a better system as it left many folks with only sand for sitting. I’d recommend they establish a better system or remove some of the gardens to make way for more lounge chairs. It’s a somewhat common complaint at these sorts of resorts, but not really their fault.
A larger room service menu would be welcome, as well, to make it truly 5-star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club & Spa is set in the heart of charming Palm Cove village in Tropical North Queensland offering the perfect place to indulge in tropical relaxation. This idyllic intimate beachfront destination is situated at the start of the beautiful coastal drive to Port Douglas and majestic Daintree Rainforest and only 20 minutes from Cairns airport. The resort offers a range of accommodation, from elegant suites and spa rooms, to one and two bedroom penthouses with private rooftop terraces, BBQs and a plunge pool or jacuzzi. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen and laundrette and takes full advantage of its surroundings with views to the ocean, pools, gardens or mountain ranges beyond. All rooms are serviced daily and offer guests free WIFI (up to 500MB), free movies, TV, FOXTEL, in-room safe, fridge, minibar and tea and coffee facilities. Our Serenity Wing has a selection of suites offering entertainment areas with gas barbecues on the balcony and a private rainforest pool. To achieve total relaxation you won't ever need to leave Peppers Beach Club & Spa. The beach lagoon takes pride of place, gently lapping against a white sandy beach surrounded by swaying palm trees. Swim up to the pool bar or dine overlooking the Coral Sea. Other diversions include tennis, lap pool, gymnasium, boutique shopping and the Salt Beauty & Spa, with its signature massages, revitalising facial treatments and soothing body treatments. Lime & Pepper Restaurant offers a combination of eccentric cuisine incorporating distinct flavours of the tropics utilising a variety of local produce. The visual appeal of the chef's creations complements Lime & Pepper's unique beachside location and uninterrupted views of stunning Palm Cove. The restaurant is open seven days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the Rocks Cafe Pool Bar is open daily for in-house guests (seasonal & weather dependant). Venture outside of the resort and will find yourself in the heart of Palm Cove. There's something for everyone, with an abundance of activities ranging from reef tours, scuba diving and deep sea fishing adventures to white water rafting, evening dinner cruises and rainforest walks. Embark on a day trip into Cairns or explore the wonders of the Daintree, Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation. Ride the famous Scenic Railway train to Kuranda or visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. The resort is perfect for a memorable romantic interlude or second honeymoon, family hideaway, wedding, birthday or a well deserved break from the rigours of modern life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Beach Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club And Spa
- Peppers Beach Club Hotel Palm Cove
- Peppers Beach Hotel
- Peppers Beach Resort