My husband, 15 month old son and I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite at Peppers Palm Cove for 3 nights in June. The suite was HUGE and fully self contained (including laundry, full kitchen & BBQ on the balcony). It's actually more than 1 bedroom, as there's another room off the bedroom, which has a sofabed in it (and can be completely closed off - great for our son to sleep in!).
We hired a portacot from Peppers, saving us the hassle of taking ours along. We stayed in the 'Serenity' wing, which was supposed to be the most peaceful as furthest away from the reception/ main pool. Unfortunately the bedroom has a full wall of windows facing out to the hall, and as there are voids through to all levels, noise from guests walking on any of the levels was very clear (as there wasn't a sound barrier). There were also fixed louvre screens, which let light into the room from the hall, so the rooms were quite bright all night (I ended up putting towels over them to try to keep some of the light out, as reception couldn't do anything else). NB: this wouldn't be an issue for the spa room, as they are separated from the hall by the suites.
The staff are all very friendly.
The breakfast was lovely - a full buffet breakfast with a great range of items (I'm not sure why some people have made less favourable comments about it - I couldn't fault it!).
The pool was absolutely wonderful. It isn't heated, so it relies on lots of sun to keep it warm, but we were happy swimming in there in late June. They have loads of toys for guests to use, so great to keep the kids entertained, and best of all it's protected from the winds that can cause havoc up there - it was blowing a gale on the beach and we didn't notice it at all in the pool! The pool bar has a good selection of drinks (Cocktails!) and food, although service is a little slow...
Overall we enjoyed our stay - just be mindful to be specific about your sleeping needs when booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club & Spa offers a range of accommodation, from elegant suites and spa rooms, to one and two bedroom penthouses with private rooftop terraces, BBQs and a plunge pool or jacuzzi. All rooms are serviced daily and offer guests free WIFI (up to 500MB), free movies, TV, FOXTEL, minibar. The beach lagoon takes pride of place, gently lapping against a white sandy beach surrounded by swaying palm trees. Amenities include tennis, lap pool, gymnasium, Salt Beauty & Spa and Lime & Pepper Restaurant. The restaurant is open seven days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the Rocks Cafe Pool Bar is open daily for in-house guests (seasonal & weather dependant). Venture outside of the resort and will find yourself in the heart of Palm Cove. Embark on a day trip into Cairns or explore the wonders of the Daintree, Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation. Ride the famous Scenic Railway train to Kuranda or visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Beach Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club And Spa
- Peppers Beach Club Hotel Palm Cove
- Peppers Beach Hotel
- Peppers Beach Resort