“Finally leaving a review - we loved this place!”

Paradise On The Beach Resort Palm Cove
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Palm Cove
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed here in May of 2011. I intended to leave a review when we returned from our Australian vacation but I never got around to it. We absolutely loved this hotel. The owners were very nice and the travel agent for excursions was very easy to work with. The location was wonderful and it cannot be beat. My husband and I keep saying that we would like to own a hotel like this when we retire, not too big and relaxing. It also was a nice home base for excursions. The rooms are not elaborate but were nice. It was a great value. We hope to return again someday!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angies25
There are newer reviews for Paradise On The Beach Resort Palm Cove

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Super friendly person at reception, large room with kitchenette which was nice and located across from the beach....but also locate dent to tacky karaoke bar which I can hear people partying at as we speak. So quiet and relaxing this is not.

Entrance to the hotel is through what looks to be a travel agency which I thought was odd.

All that being said, Palm Cove is lovely and the hotel provides a clean spacious room. Rest of the place is a little tired and would stay elsewhere in the future. A very average hotel

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnieBannanie
Tripilty, Manager at Paradise On The Beach Resort Palm Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

I'm sorry your stay was made uncomfortable by noise from the restaurant next door, however I point out that had you let us know about this at the time we may have been able to do something about it.
The desk at the front of the reception is not a travel office, but is a booking service for local tours & attractions. It is not unusual in this part of the world, with most tourism accomodation houses offering guests an in-house tour booking facility such as this. Most of the smaller establishments actually sell tours across the reception counter. Ours is just a little larger and has the two services seperated.
Neither of the complaints you have made are covered within the Star ratings criteria, and therefore have no bearing on how we are rated. I point out that we are rated by AAA Star Ratings - an independant professional body who regularly inspect properties such as ours for the purpose of ensuring that standards are maintained. AAA last inspected Paradise on the Beach Resort in November 2012. If you Google Star Ratings Australia and click on the listing for AAA Tourism you can view all the ratings criteria.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Paradise on the Beach has the top three requirements in real estate, location, location, location. Yes Paradise on the Beach is in a great location in Palm Cove and Palm Cove is itself a great location as is the whole Cairns-Port Douglas area is a great location.

The hotel is nice, clean and very comfortable. We really enjoyed the pool area, with more shade than sun it is a great place to relax. There was some repairs going on while we were there, but it did not affect us.

Jan and Matt themselves give the hotel and extra star. They really made our stay better. Their recommendations for restaurants, activities and attractions were spot on. If they give you a suggestion or recommendation, you can trust it. I would stay at Paradise on the Beach just because of Jan and Matt.

My comments of suggestions if your going to the Palm Cove - Cairns area.
For transportation you might consider taking a shuttle bus from the Airport to the hotel and then only rent a car the days you need one. Save money and no worries about parking.

Things to do:
Drive to Port Douglas, just for the drive. Views and drive is incredible.
Go to Granite Gorge, the hike is pretty tuff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OKTravelers83
Reviewed 30 November 2012

The location is excellent, you cross the street and you are on the beach. The rooms are very big, comfortable and very well maintained. The backyard is awesome with a park and more palm tress so you can listen to the wild birds all day long. The couple that were at the reception (owners) were extremely friendly and helpful. I had a problem with my leg and the man came to my room to offer help. the parking was very adequate. I would definitely recommend it toanybody and would come back if I visit Palm Cove again, which is the Paradise by definition

Room Tip: Choose room that face the backyard forest
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Borboroglu
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Very much enjoyed my stay. Location is great, room was clean, lovely view over the pool, tropical setting, birds chirping, staff friendly and a short cross the road to gorgeous beach and views. Love the palms along the foreshore. No faults, and would definitely stay again and recommend it. Only slight negative - smoking on balconies - had a couple of days where I needed to keep my door shut because of smokers next door.

Room Tip: Perhaps, if like me you would prefer to stay away from "smokers" mention this.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Irena O
Reviewed 14 August 2012

absolutely fantastic perfect location right on the beach spotless rooms fantastic staff nice to have absolutely no noise at night had a problem with smokers either side of our room which was coming into ours management moved us as soon as we brought this to their attention couldn't have been nicer would definately stay there again..

Room Tip: all are perfectly located around the central pool so all are good
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank carole b
Tripilty, Manager at Paradise On The Beach Resort Palm Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you for the kind comments. We don't allow guests to smoke in their rooms & suites, but do allow it on balconies and in the podium area as an incentive to comply.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

This resort is quiet and really relaxing. We stayed in a spa suite with a separate lounge/kitchen which had the kitchenette: a fridge, microwave and kettle. The sink is in the bathroom yet as house keeping comes every day and does the dishes it was not a problem. The food around palm cove is wonderful anyway. The pool is quiet and also unheated in winter yet the pool chairs made up for that.
Bed was really comfortable, spa really big and the shower good pressure.
Only negatives were the couches as they weren't that comfy to lay/lounge on, small/bad reception tvs and floors get dirty easily but overall good value!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thanks you for your nice words. I agree about TVs but can't do a lot about it I'm afraid. Due to the change to digital transmission from analog the signal is easily distorted by storms etc in Brisbane or near one of the en route relay stations. It's a problem all over Cairns, and because we are a very relatively minor viewing audience there is not much corporate incentive to do anything about it. For my input I'd rather the old analog any day - especially as it seems to happen during major airings - such as the State of Origin games etc.