“One in a lifetime tropics experience”

Sarayi Boutique Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Palm Cove
Salt Lake City, Utah
“One in a lifetime tropics experience”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

First I want to say that the staff at the Sarayi is wonderful - everyone would bend over backwards if I had asked them to: the left the laundry open for me, they shuttled me to the mall, the took me to airport on an off hour.... more and more. I LOVED my room - front one bedroom with ocean view. After a day of diving I would stop in at the deli to get a Magnum bar and then sit on my balcony while the birds came at dusk and the wind picked up. I would stay for hours and go eat at one of the fabulous restaurants (staff will let you know where you can get discounts). So visceral I felt like I was in paradise. I spent a few afternoons on the roof top terrace. Great pool. Can sit in the spa and be in the shade while watching the blue butterflies, green parrots and kookaburra's.

I realize I was blessed with "Chamber of Commerce" weather but would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank BarrierReefFan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Sarayi. Nice large room. It was one of the Garden rooms. This hotel is in the middle of plenty of eating places and sovenir shops. It is also across from the ocean. In addition it has a lovely roof view. The staff also were very nice and helpful folks.

My however is the following:. My room was in the insides of the hotel and I could hear loud music my first night. I did complain to management and they did have the bar turn down the music.

The hours of the staff is 8 in the morning to 8 in the evening. So if you arrive after this time you have to pick up the key in a safe outside of the door. However they did hire a service to pick me up at the airport who took care of this for me.

Palm Cove seems to be a very safe liitle tourist resort and I enjoyed walking there. However the water in the shallow area is brown instead of clear and blue green. The reason is silt from rivers. I heard different stories from different people. Some said the waters can be clear and it was the rain. Ohters told me the waters were never clear.

The staff do arrange trips to the reef and other islands. This is a service that is very helpful.

Room Tip: Stay in the outside garden rooms and not the ones in the inside of the building.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank CecileK3
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We got a great deal and stayed 3 nights in a Garden Studio room which was spacious, had a HUGE new TV (albeit with just 1 Foxtel channel), was clean and tidy, had a bar fridge and was close to the bars, restaurants and beach - everything 2 girls needed on a long weekend getaway! Oh and having the rooftop pool and the deck to ourselves was a bonus too.

2 minor hiccups - 1. the complimentary airport pickup eventuated only after waiting 15 minutes and then deciding to make a phone call to the hotel (despite confirming our flight details via email). - 2. our key decided not to work the night we bought pizza to eat in our room with a bottle of wine - ho hum we ate it in the foyer whist waiting for an off-duty staff member to let us in.

Room Tip: Pay more to be inside the original building
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Our stay at your lovely boutique hotel was a most enjoyable experience. What can one say other than the room was very comfortable and clean and the staff were very helpful, cheerful and friendly. Yes we will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank contentedtravel
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We decided to get away from Cains and spend some time in a smaller community. Palm Cove is a great place, the esplanade is laid out well and picturesque. From the getgo our dealings with the Sarayi was nothing but pleasurable, Vanessa and Hayley bent over backwards to help us out. We had a room that was very spacious and clean at the back of the hotel that faced the mountain/hill. The beach is across the road from the hotel and is palm tree laden, a good post card shot. The beach is good for lazing about in the sun but unfortunately it is dangerous to go in the sea because of the stingers[jelly fish] and salt water crocodiles. However Palm Cove does have an area that is pontooned off for swimmers. We did'nt miss going into the sea because the Sarayi had its own swimming pool on the roof, great for a place to cool off and relax as you are surrounded by the greenery. There is a barbeque up there as well and we noticed a couple booking the roof top for their wedding reception. Good place to people watch on the esplanade below as well.There is a restuarant/ bar down stairs which did'nt seem to be noisy. Because we stayed 3 days they even drove us to the airport at Cairns. Clean, friendly and reasonable, best hotel on our 3 month trip through New Zealand and Australia.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steve W
Melbourne
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My partner and I stayed at Sarayi at Palm Cove and we found it to be a fantastic place to call home for a couple of days. The staff were so friendly, knowledgeable and willing to help, it made planning our days so easy. The rooms and facilities were in excellent condition. The location was excellent, being placed right in the middle of the main esplanade (close to the beach and all restaurants etc.)

We would definitely return!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My partner and I enjoyed eleven fantastic days in Palm Cove and loved every minute of it.

I would like to thank Vanessa and her very helpful staff at the Sarayi for accommodating our every request. It was a pleasure staying with people that take a genuine interest in customer service. As for the Sarayi building, it's great ... look at the pictures on their website ... you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to work it out ;)

Location is central, rates are more than fair, the roof top pool is heaven and the Rising Sun & the Pantry downstairs only add to the complex’s appeal.

We are definitely going back to Palm Cove (as early as next month ... September at the latest) and will make the Sarayi our first choice for accommodation. We felt completely at home in Sarayi’s Ocean View Apartment 323 that I hereby formally register my interest in purchasing an apartment within the complex; in the event that the owner/s ever consider a strata subdivision of the building in future.

What more can I say, other than: thanks again, the pleasure was all ours, see you soon.

Joe & Pina

Room Tip: For 3-4 + days I would recommend Sarayi appartment
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple