“Excellent”

Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Palm Cove
Reviewed 27 December 2013

and definitely the pick of accommodation in Palm Cove in my opinion. We had a studio room which overlooked the pool and had a lovely spa bath. The A/C was on in room when we arrived which in addition to the cold towel at check in was so welcome in the afternoon heat. The grounds and pool area are lovely and it felt some what exclusive because of it's location. The room was a little small with nowhere to sit inside but the bed and shower pressure were great. All in all an enjoyable stay in a lovely, clean, modern, almost 5 star resort.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Mike M, General Manager at Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear 123free,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed being welcomed to the Resort with our cold refreshing Oshi Buri’s. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the grounds & the pool‘s. We do feel like we have a beautiful quite spot far enough from the main strip to feel exclusive but also close enough to feel included.

123free, we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next Palm Cove escape.

Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Being greeted at check-inwith an icy cold refresher towel in the humid December weather was just the start of all the things that Sea Temple did right! We stayed here as part of a little anniversary getaway in December (free bottle of champagne waiting for us when we arrived, complimentary late check out...), and we loved every minute.
December in North Qld means no swimming (especially at Palm Cove... saltwater crocs!), but the pool area at Sea Temple was so beautiful, I didn't miss the ocean. Cocktails, delicious food and the cricket on TV at the lagoon bar made for a perfect few days.

We got a great deal online for our room (which was a 'small studio' - same size as a normal hotel room), had aircon, a spa and a balcony... really excellent value! We really didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear touringsister,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay.

Firstly I would like to say Happy Anniversary. I’m so glad that you chose to celebrate with us & that you enjoyed your stay. Cocktails by the pool, enjoying the cricket on the television. What a great way to spend the day.

Touringsister ,thank you again for your kind words. Hopefully we can welcome you back to the Resort in the near future. Perhaps to celebrate another anniversary.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is a large sprawling complex centred around a large pool and water feature on the beach just south of the Angsana. Our room was clean and pleasantly decorated but really small. We were only staying for one night so it was no big deal but had we been staying longer the lack of space would have been an issue. There was nowhere to sit in the room, no desk and little space to move about. In compensation you do get a large balcony area with seating, but noisy smokers on the balcony next door didn't make that an attractive option for us.
The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed a great night's sleep.
Breakfast was OK but uninspiring.
We've tried many places in Palm Cove over the years and this would probably be our choice again for a short stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Mike M, General Manager at Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Missi0nary,
Thanj you for returning to Palm Cove for your latest break.
We were glad to learn that you enjoyed the Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort Spa Palm Cove.
As well as the standard studio rooms we also have 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments that are ideal for longer stays as they offer all the facilities of home which is a great positive for longer stays.
Our newly installed beds are being well received and are certainly extremely comfortable.
We all look forward to welcoming you back for your next Palm Cove escape.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

A very nice hotel, resort & spa. We had a superb 2 bedroom apt which was top draw. We stopped bed & breakfast which was continental and very good. We would have top rated this place unfortunately one of the restaurant waitress was incredibly rude! Not what you appreciate and not customer focused!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank S W
Mike M, General Manager at Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear S W,
Great to hear that you enjoyed your apartment and the breakfast offerings at the Pullman Sea Temple Resort and Spa. The apartments are certainly well set out and and offer all the comforts of home.
I was disappointed to learn of the service offered by one of the team . Please rest assured that I will be raising the importance of correct service delivery at our next team briefing and my sincere apologies for this shortcoming.We look forward to have the opportunty of welcoming you back and I would be to happy to assist in making any arrangements.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Sea Temple was absolutely gorgeous. The rooms were very open, clean and modern. We stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment (booked through the boutique collection) and it was just amazing. The pool was stunning and the dining service was quick and the food very tasty! There is not one negative I can think of (and I like to think I have a reasonably high standard on accommodation!). The staff were also very helpful (even though we weren't technically part of the Sea Temple accomm itself). The main restaurants of Palm Cove on the Esplanade are only a short walk or drive away and 5 minutes back on the highway towards Cairns is a Coles and Target (amongst other restaurants). I will definitely be coming back and won't be thinking twice about staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephanie E
Mike M, General Manager at Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Stephanie E,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay.

I’m very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay here at the Resort. I’m glad that you enjoyed the beautiful pool area, & the food in the Temple of Taste Restaurant. I’ll be sure to pass along your positive comments about the staff to all our teams.

Stephanie E, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort on your next Palm Cove trip.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is our 3rd visit to Palm Cove and previously we have stayed at Pepper's Beach Club so choosing Sea Temple Resort & Spa was a big descision. What a great descision! The difference is that Pepper's Beach club feels more like a serviced apartment complex where as Sea Temple is the epitome of a tropical resort. From the moment we arrived we felt like we were at a 5 star resort. The reception staff were friendly, imformative and asked all the right questions. The reception area was spacious with a lounge area to relax in.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 1st floor overlooking the main pool. The apartment was huge with 2 bathrooms (main with a double spa bath), Open plan kitchen, dining & lounge room. The balcony had a lounge suit and day bed which was great to relax on to read, sleep or what the happenings in the pool. The quality of the furnishings and fittings were certainly 5 star as was the friendly housekeeping staff.
In the pool area is the lagoon bar which we frequented daily to lazy in the shade whilst have a lovely lunch or snacks served by the chatty bar staff.
We didn't have breakfast or dinner at the resort but speaking with other guests the quality of the food matched the resort. We did have cocktails at night and got takeaway coffee in the mornings.
This is truely a resort and ticks all the boxes. Ten (10) nights were not enough...then again I would still be complaining about leaving after a month's stay. We were relaxed from the minute we arrived until we returned home. We will cetainly return (hopefully in the near future).

Room Tip: 1st floor room over looking main pool (eg 206)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank keeptravellinsouth

Dear keeptravellinsouth,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are all very happy that you decided to stay with us here at the Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort & Spa for your third Palm Cove Visit.

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in your 2 bedroom apartment. The day beds on the balcony are a very welcome afternoon treat. I’ll be sure t pass along your positive comments to our Reception, Housekeeping & Pool Bar staff.

Keeptravellinsouth, thank you again for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We booked a two bedroom. The room was clean and the size of the accommodations both the sleeping and sitting areas were nice and spacious. The location of the Pullman was good and the walk along the beach was pretty and not too far from the pier and other restaurants.

The room service was substandard. Although the barramundi fish I ordered was very tasty, it arrived with no silverware and no napkins. When I asked the service person where the silverware was he shrugged his shoulders. Finally he pointed to the kitchen area and a drawer.

When I called to inquire, the restaurant indicated that I should have received silverware and napkins and that they would send some up. I also requested ice. Although we ordered beverages they did not send glasses. When the young man returned he did not have the silverware, only napkins and ice. The fish was good so I didn't bother to complain again.

The next morning we were headed out for a tour and asked if we could have a sandwich to go. I ordered a egg, bacon, cheese, and tomato sandwich. I asked for my egg medium. The server went to great lengths to assure me that over easy was the best way to go. Since I actually like over easy eggs but was avoiding it because it might be messy, I agreed to over easy. My friend ordered fruit, yogurt and toast since she was having some stomach troubles. When they brought the order they gave us two plastic containers and said one was a sandwich and one was toast, but no yogurt and no fruit. Thank goodness we opened them. It was my sandwich cut in half with NO egg at all. Our tour bus arrived so I didn't send the sandwich back but we insisted my friend receive her yogurt, fruit and toast. They then informed us they don't have a way to package yogurt to go. I have no idea why they didn't say so in the beginning. However my friend asked what about in a to go coffee cup which they obliged. We grabbed the yogurt and left, however when we opened the toast it was bread not toast smeared with cold butter.

Later in the day we returned and at 6:00pm the pool bar was closed although a sign indicated it was open until 8. We were told to order at the restaurant, which we did. However when the bartender made my drink I requested one with Lychee like I had at the pool bar the day before. When he brought it there was no lychee but lots of lime. When I asked him what about the lychee he said he had forgotten. Instead of making the drink again, he added 3 lychee and muddled it together with the same lime flavored drink. Could not taste the lychee at all. Just lots of lime. Very disappointing compared to the one from the bar. The one from the bar also lncluded a lychee flavored vodka. My recommendation is stay here but eat and drink somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Ebony_epicurean,
Thank you for your review.
Was glad to hear that you enjoyed the apartment and location of the hotel. The apartments are certainly well equiped and spacious: a great home away from home.
I was sorry to learn of the service shortfalls with regards to Food andbeverage.
Please accept my sincere apologies. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we can take the appropriate actions to ensure that this does not occur in future.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the tropical north when you next visit Australia and if I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly at the Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort & Spa.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Cove
Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Kewarra Beach
22 mi away
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas

Been to Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!