“Very enjoyable.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Palm Cove
patterson lakes
“Very enjoyable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

A very good place to stay,we had a 1 bedroom apartment for 3 nights last week. Good sized room, very clean with everything you needed. As it is not a full service hotel, it was good to have a laundry to wash towels, they also supplied you with 1 beach towel. We arrived on a very warm afternoon, so it was nice to find the air con and ceiling fans on when we got to the room. Bathroom was extremly clean, fabulous spa bath, water nice and hot with good water pressure. If there were any negatives it was the lack of natural light, we needed the lights on most of the time. ThisI think was because we were on the ground floor at edge of property. Had nice heavy curtains in bedroom but, the ones in lounge were sheer which I wasn't keen on, as when sitting at night people could see right in. The pillows were far too soft, would be nice if they had extra's in cupboard. The grounds were lovely, the pool amazing!! It was huge, well maintained and set in gorgeous surroundings. It had a paddling pool, shallow water, deep water areas and a separate spa. We had dinner in onsite restaurant Vivo, food and service were of a high standard. The Mantra was not expensive and overall it very enjoyable,we would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank picca
Lisa K, General Manager at Mantra Amphora, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Picca,
Thank you for your wonderful review and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us.
I will be certain to pass your postive comments onto our Housekeeping and Grounds teams who take pride in providing clean and enjoyable rooms and facilities for our guest's to enjoy.
I appericate your feedback on the sheer curtains and will consider if an alternative is required.
Again, lovely to read your review and thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mantra Amphora Resort Palm Cove.
Lisa Knowlson
General Manager, Mantra Amphora Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

Service is non existent, beds are rock hard, pillows are also hard flat and uncomfortable. I am in so much pain, it's distressing. When I called to complain, I was curtly told that nothing can be done until a bed topper becomes available - maybe tomorrow if I'm lucky.
Do yourself a favor, spend the extra $30 per night and go to sea temple where there's service, comfy beds and 5 star facilities.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Nuritbee
Lisa K, General Manager at Mantra Amphora, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Dear Nuritbee,

It is disappointing to read your review as this certainly does not reflect our recent conversation. As we continue to roll out the install of over 50 mattress toppers, we have some in reserve for those special requests like your own. As promised yesterday afternoon, today our Housekeeping Department have this morning taken the opporunity to locate a topper for you which has been delivered to your room.

Should you have any further comments, please do not hesitate to see me directly via reception whilst you continue your holiday at Mantra Amphora Resort.

Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

This hotel was a great value. The location is amazing.

It's not a full service hotel and you have to realize that going in, but the staff there is knowledgeable and can help book things and make recommendations. You just don't get linen and cleaning services like a full service hotel.

We had a 2 bedroom condo that came complete with all kitchen utensils and everything to make coffee in the morning (a necessity). For the most part it was clean and well maintained. The only problem we had was a very strong mold smell in one of the bedrooms that we couldn't actually pinpoint until our last day. After moving some things near the master bedroom window I discovered that the windows leaked when it rained and there was wet carpet under a table that was causing it.

The grounds are very well kept and the location is great. Across a small street to the beach and walking distance to restaurants, bars and stores. Although we didn't eat in the restaurant there it very lovely and other guests raved about it.

We are very glad we chose this hotel for our stay.

Room Tip: Unless you really want it, there is no need to pay extra for a beach-facing room. The pool is very l...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shayna I
Dear Shayna I,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mantra Amphora on-line.

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed our beachfront location, comfortable and well equipped rooms and our staff were able to assist in planning all aspects of your holiday.

As you indicated that your stay with us was in March, I assume this was during the week of unseasonabbly extreme wet weather we encountered? This certainly provided many challenges for the property and signs highlighted in your review reflect this. I will ensure our Maitenance Manager visits this room to ensure all preventative measures are in place to combat such events.

Thank you again for recommending Mantra Amphora to your family and friends.

UK, A
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

We booked a 1-bed apartment at the Mantra for four nights. We thought it might be a good idea to change from hotel stays during our 3 1/2-week tour across Eastern Australia. We booked sea views which we had but because our balcony (a loggia really) was completely enclosed it proved unbearable to sit outside - there was simply no movement of air and thus loads of mosquitos...!!! The bedroom was minute with stains on the carpet and the a/c blowing straight in your face. The kitchen was reeking of fried oil and every surface was covered in grease and fingerprints from previous guests. The bathroom/sep. toilet was reasonably clean. This is a very large development with lots of apartments. Pool and garden are beautiful when lit up at night. We resume this hotel may be more suited for families who require an apartment with large pool and are perhaps less bothered about cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank designtiger
Lisa K, General Manager at Mantra Amphora, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear Designtiger,
Thank you for the opporunity to address your concerns and it seems unfortunately we have not met your expectations. For this please accept my apologizes and your comments pertaining to the room are noted. So that I can ensure that this room is thoroughly audited and any issues recetified, I ask that you contact me directly so that I may assertain your booking name and / or room number. I can be contacted at lisa.knowlson@mantra.com.au or by calling 07 40598100.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

We stayed in a 1 bedroom spa apartment; the room was immaculately clean and very well presented with excellent amenities.
The resort is in an excellent location directly across from the beach and very central.
The pool is incredibly stunning especially at night.
I highly recommend the Mantra Amphora, and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Reob,
Thank you for your 5 star rating and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed all Mantra Amphora has to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you next holiday in Palm Cove.
Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed 2 nights for work, and as I'm away a bit I thought I'd try a few different hotels in the region. Usually when I'm travelling for work I look for a few things:
Ability to do my own breakfast
Room service for dinner if I don't want to eat out alone
Security

I'd say that while this resort provides a great experience on many levels (great location, good pool, nice clean room with great bathroom and good toiletries), it didn't really meet my criteria.

As the standard hotel room is the locked off bed & bath of a larger unit, it has no kitchen facilities. It did have cups and plates etc, but you had to deal with it all in the bathroom sink which wasn't very convenient. Nor was boiling the kettle in there balanced on the edge of the sink.
The access to the room was a long journey. There is no lift, and units are 6 per staircase. Mine was the furtherest from reception, so after a drive around the car park I had gone up a few wrong staircases until I found the right place. It had no fence from the street to the access to the units, and as I seemed to be the only occupant in that part of the resort, and a few strange people hanging round the waterfront (ie the type who think they can have a crack at young females), I was a little scared coming and going from the room.

As it's more of a stay for a week type place, it didn't have any room service, so I was forced back out on the said main street past the restaurants and bars (and old men who thought they could yell at you) to find dinner.

There is also no room cleaning for stays less than 8 days....

If you're a family wanting a weeks getaway and have a car to get to Coles for a grocery shop, I'd have to recommend the Mantra Mamphora.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank chasingpw
Lisa K, General Manager at Mantra Amphora, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Dear chasingpw,

Thank you for your feedback and the opporunity to address your concerns.

Palm Cove is renouned for being a friendly, comfortable and safe destination for singles, couples and families alike. All properties, as is Mantra Amphora, are open plan incorporating the natural environment and providing a sense of relaxation and escapism. Whilst you will not find gated security or high walls, Palm Cove is an incident free area and you have no need to be concerned. Indeed the conveience of the resort located right on Williams Esplanade and the beach provides you with the perfect platform to experience the many resturants and cafes on offer, including one located on-site.

In relation to our hotel rooms, it is important to note that our room types and inclusions are clearly outlined on our various web sites. For those wanting to self-cater we also offer fully equipped 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments which provide ample space for cooking, laundring and dining.

Chasingpw, it is unfortunate that we were not able to address your concerns whilst you were staying with us. Both security and facility needs can be addressed with a simple room move or upgrade.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed for a week with the Mantra and were pleased with the standard of the hotel & the facilities. The pool was great for the kids with the varying heights (2 boys aged 7 & 9) and the spa, they had great fun jumping from one to the other.

The cleanliness of the rooms were fantastic and the furnishings for the most part were what you'd expect. There were little things... one of the arm rests on the couches were marked/stained with what looked like mould? The desk for the TV in our room was a white student desk - totally out of keeping with the other furnishings and really brought the feel of the room down.

The beds were a concern when I booked, however they were one of the comfiest beds we've slept in. Absolutely a delight to sleep in, the bedding was clean and unmarked.

The only point that could be improved... the sound travels through the floors - scraping of chairs/furniture etc. Better padding on the base of the furniture could minimise this. We did not hear anything through the walls from neighbours, just the ones above us.

The staff were wonderfully helpful - they even helped the Easter Bunny to arrive for our kids... having eggs arrive at the room. The kids were stoked!

Tips... follow the maps for the rooms, once you figure out the pattern, the rooms are easy to find. There is a coles supermarket on the way to the hotel - about a 5 minute drive away - this is the closest place to get groceries at normal prices - the local "supermarket" is a rort. Avoid if you can. Vivo restaurant was nice... but there are so many to choose from along the strip, don't limit yourself for choice.

Overall, this hotel met our expectations, definitely glad we chose this place for our first family visit to Cairns.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fiona S
Lisa K, General Manager at Mantra Amphora, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear Fiona S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience on-line.
I am pleased to read that you found our rooms to be clean, comfortable and well furnished. Your comment pertaining to the neighbouring noise will be investigated, thank you.
Certainly the Easter Bunny is very clever and I am pleased he was able to track down your children whilst on holidays with us!
Again, thank you for your positive, balanced review and we look forward to the opporunity to welcome you back to Mantra Amphora Resort.