I am an avid traveller and love to stay in higher end properies if possible - simply because i value great service and a quality stay. We booked a 2 bedroom unit for 7 days even though there were 2 of us and a baby (we liked to have the space for her to move around), but i have to say, in our 6 weeks of travelling thorugh AUS and NZ, this was the least relaxing hotel/apartment we stayed out which was such a shame because Palm Cove was such a beautiful and relaxing town.
The caretaker Jocelyn was ok, although simply not very accessible. For a hotel, the office hours are limited to business hours of 8 or so to about 4.30 or 5pm. You had to call their cell if you needed anything after those hours. The phone in the unit did not connect to anything after hours so we had to essentially pay to make to call (being visitors form another country that meant getting a calling card or use the payphone). There was no free wifi in the unit - had to pay for that as well. The units were not serviced at all during our entire stay, i expected at least one refresher. The sign about leaving the unit clean and tidy or else face extra charges really should be taken down - that is not great customer service by any means and that made me so uncomfortable to do anything. I found myself cleaning like i was at home and that was simply not ideal - again, such a shame for such a nice property. The place was pretty empty when we stayed and we had the pool to ourselves - the pool was a saltwater pool and very nice and clean. We enjoyed that.
The 2 bedroom unit was clean and spacious and the beds were comfortable. TV was good with a lot of channels to watch and the a/c worked amzingly well especially since it was so hot.
I did have a not-so-good experience - we had booked an airport pick up through the hotel but missed our flight. When we caled at 5.30am to let management know, there was no answer and no way to leave voicemail (the phone system is a bit erratic) - we sent an email right after as well. We called later to rebook the pick up with no incident until we arrived and she stated we would be charged for the missed pick up because she did not get the cancellation on time. We did not accept the charge but she then charged or credit card the day we checked out.
There are many nice properties to choose from especially when not busy. I would not stay again simply because of the experience - the property itself is nice (individual units are owned by diferent people)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Cove's luxury holiday apartments combine high style and practical choices for discerning holidaymakers. Being only a 3 to 4 minute stroll away from Palm Cove's beach and esplanade, Elysium's superbly decorated studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom self contained holiday apartments all feature spacious, open plan living areas with floor to ceiling glass opening out to large private balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Elysium Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elysium Apartments Hotel Palm Cove
- Elysium Apartments Palm Cove