We stayed 7nights. In comfort and style.
Firstly imagine, its Easter Saturday, and we had booked in somewhere else ( in Cairns) which turned out to be a dive. So after ringing around we went with Elysium Apartments. Why? Firstly because their page on the net looked promising, the lady on the phone was friendly and more than accommodating, and they had an apartment which would suit us.
So we popped over to Palm Cove for an inspection (not going to get caught twice). What a relief! Jocelyn met us, and took us through. We were happy to find that we could have it as a two or three bedroom unit so we decided to splurge on the 3, that way our two teens wouldn't have to share a room (although they could have, because the rooms were quite spacious). Our room was situated on the northern end of the second floor.
Our room overlooked beautiful green trees on the Northern side, on the east is the back of other apartments, but on the western side was the beautiful mountains surrounding the Cairns area... Lovely views, not beachside, but at the price we were paying, I wouldn't expect ocean views.
A small price for an Internet modem (so that the obligatory Wi-Fi could be accessed) while not included, was a reasonable rate. Also pool towels were available.
The rooms were spacious, air-conditioned, and clean. The master bed was a tad firm for us, but nothing to complain about. A large mirrored cupboard and a large master ensuite for us, and the kids had a separate bathroom.
The unit had everything you could ask for both in the kitchen and the laundry and I'm sure that if it wasn't there I could have asked for it and it would have been made available.
I read in another review that there was a bad smell. We did not have this experience, if anything the area smelled of clean air I.e. fresh ocean breezes.
When it comes to getting advice about things to do, Jocelyn had all the answers, she and her husband (who I didn't get to meet) go out doing all the tourist activities, so know where to go and what to do, especially where the reef is concerned. So if you want local knowledge go to reception and have a chat.
Being an ex-local myself I knew most of the places (and she was right about them all), but not which companies were best suited to my family, she helped us navigate those waters with ease (pun not originally intended).
...and talk about going the extra mile, we locked ourselves out one evening and we had to ring Jocelyn to come help us get back in, so the security is top knotch too.
Not only would be happy to recommend Elysium apartments, my family and I plan to stay there the next time we come to my hometown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Cove's luxury holiday apartments combine high style and practical choices for discerning holidaymakers. Being only a 3 to 4 minute stroll away from Palm Cove's beach and esplanade, Elysium's superbly decorated studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom self contained holiday apartments all feature spacious, open plan living areas with floor to ceiling glass opening out to large private balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Elysium Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elysium Apartments Hotel Palm Cove
- Elysium Apartments Palm Cove