“Location is the only drawcard here, food was disappointing.”
Review of Far Horizons Restaurant - CLOSED

Far Horizons Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$120
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our ‘One Chef's Hat' Far Horizons Restaurant (awarded in 2012 & 2013) and Best Wine list awarded by Gourmet Traveler in 2012 is the only venue in Palm Cove on the absolute beachfront. Enjoy a lazy breakfast, long lunch, sunset cocktails or a relaxed dinner. This award winning restaurant offers a menu leaning towards classic contemporary cuisine and features the finest local produce available.
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Entrees were quite good however main courses were sent back. Only time both myself and dining partner have sent food back in over 20 years of restaurant going. Crab ravioli was super dry, barely identifiable sauce was powdery and pasta almost raw. Salad was simply raw ingedients finely cut and thrown into a bowl. No dressing or attention to presentation.
How was this handled by staff?...we were told they had served it up many times that evening without complaint. We were offered 50% off the pasta meal which was not eaten and was frankly inedible. Oh well...never to return and has prompted first trip advisor review ever. A night of firsts!! Wait staff were polite but knowledge of wine list was lacking . Thank goodness for a nice bottle of wine and gorgeous location.

1  Thank jksmelbourne

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I went for dinner in October with a couple old friends- we all had a really excellent time abd thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I would highly recommend

Reviewed 5 January 2014

this is one of the best restaurants in Palm Cove. beautiful location and the food was awesome too. highly recommended

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Celebrated our 25 th wedding anniversary breakfast, with an intimate table organised by the lovely manager , Cecile, so perfectly seated beachfront ! Service was magnificent and the food delicious! Being local , I also love the evening there ! Such a perfect location ! Jane ;)

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I recently went to Far Horizons in Palm Cove it was the best experience my family and I endured with great food excellent staff and a manager who knows how to treat her staff and patrons with respect. The steak was amazing cooked to perfection and we will definitely be back next time we are in Cairns. I would also recommend anyone looking for a place to hold business meetings etc to attend here as I will be from now on. Beautiful location, Great food and fantastic staff.