“Great casual pizza place”

Il Forno Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 60 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Il Forno is a family run business with a new management. At Il Forno we specialise in Roman style Pizza which has a soft but crunchy thin base. We follow the traditional way of Pizza making which does not grant the use of any machinery for the handling of the dough, not even a rolling pin can be used. We do it the old way, by hand! At Il Forno you will find a little corner of Italy where the owner and staff are Italians. To ensure a true Italian Pizza to our customers we import a lot of our ingredients and the local ingredients we use are made by Italians here in Australia.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Enjoyed pizza and a bottle of wine here tonight. The pizza crust is the closest to a Roman as I have had since Rome! Toppings good and the service friendly and efficient. The owner was very friendly. Could do with some decent wine glasses but that is minor. Overall a great night out in a relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Chewy, bland & expensive for what you get. We had a supreme with no more than 4 ingrediants, I doubt more than 1 mushroom was used for the topping . Very disapointing, won't return.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I hesitate to give poor reviews to any restaurant but Il Forno's pizzas have made me change my mind. When I read other reviews of this place praising the pizzas I wonder whether we had the number 3 chef on our visit.
I agree that the staff are friendly, giving us a great welcome, and that the location, both outside seating and in, is great with views to the sea.
We had the Hawaii pizza (ham and pineapple) and the smoked salmon with Mascarpone. The bases were soft, leathery and chewy; the crusts were as hard as bricks, though when you managed to break one off it was rather tasty. The ham and pineapple topping was adequate but uninteresting, and the smoked salmon was nice but had far too much Mascarpone which we had to scrape off.
Altogether, a disappointment, and I cannot understand its high rating.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Love their pizza's along with the ambiance of the place. We start with a garlic pizza (extra garlic after it comes out of the oven) and our favourite main is the Prawn Supreme, prawns, garlic and rocket. If you like it hot ask for the "flaming" homemade chilli....add it on but be careful...it's hot; wine, a 250 ml of innocent bystander a couple of Peroni's and sometimes end with an affogato with frangelica....that's our Friday nights..we always go home a little tipsy and happy....

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Popped in here on our first night up. Unassuming place. Pizza was great... Lasagna good as well. Very friendly staff. Pizza chef insists in you having the Nutella calzone for dessert! :-)