“A day to remember!”

US$140.99*
and up
Whitehaven Beach: Barbecue, Hill Inlet Lookout Bushwalk, Snorkeling
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitehaven Beach day tour from Airlie Beach with Whitehaven Xpress. A family operated full day trip with snorkeling, swimming, bush-walking and a Whitehaven Beach BBQ. Whitehaven Xpress offers a full day tour from Airlie Beach, including a Hill Inlet lookout walk, Snorkel or Glass bottom boat viewing and 2 hours on the Whitehaven Beach. Whilst spending the most amount of time on the actual Whitehaven Beach, we provide you with a fabulous Aussie beach BBQ including steak, sausages, chilli burgers, salads and tropical fruits. (Vegetarians are catered for on request) The BBQ is prepared for your enjoyment under the shade of the trees while utilising the National Parks picnic tables. On our homeward journey a platter of cheese and biscuits is served. Departs daily at 9 am from Abell Point Marina and returns approx. 5pm with courtesy van pickup. The daytrip is family operated with Terry, Jill, Captain Dan, and Captain Shane providing a unique personal service.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We thought this trip was great. It was well organised and Dan, Ryan and Asher made sure our day was amazing and special. They made it great fun but were also helpful, knowledgeable and kind. They arrived on time to pick us up. Yes it was a bit rough at times but it is a fast boat and they knew what they were doing. Asher was full on entertaining everyone and loving his job and what a great job to have! Lunch was well organised and very good as was the chesse and crackers on the way home.
We had a fantastic day which we will always remember.
Gill and Paddy

in 20 reviews
"stinger suits"
in 42 reviews

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I went on this trip with my boyfriend last month while travelling east coast oz. We wanted to see whitehaven beach and so we collected a number of flyers and leaflets. We chose this company because a) the leaflet looked like it was aimed at young people (we're in our twenties), b) the price was reasonable, and c) we were impressed by the number of activities it included, such as snorkelling, bush walk, BBQ, and glass bottomed boat trip. Although we had a great day out (it's hard not to, when there is such spectacular scenery around!!), I was disappointed by the trip itself. The boat ride was absolutely horrendous. At least 8 people on the boat were seasick and vomiting, including a man sitting next to me - it was so so rough - thankfully I'd taken seasickness tablets that morning, but even so, I felt terrible. Waves splashes over the top of the boat. As it was going so fast, and the taurpulin/cover had a gap, so my boyfriend got absolutely soaked to the skin, and was freezing cold. There was nowhere for him to move to. There was enough space for everyone to sit down, but nowhere extra, so we couldn't even sit together, but sat separately next to strangers. There was a hole in the bottom side of the boat (I thin it's supposed to be there) which kept letting loads of water in, so everyone in the area's feet got wet - my trainers got soaked so I ended up taking them off and going barefoot. I was so relieved when we finally got to our first stop! Sadly, the young men running the trip were far from professional - they were extremely rude to those passengers who didn't speak god English, which mad us feel uncomfortable. The beach was gorgeous. And the BBQ was delicious, although I was concerned to see one of the men running it pick up a huge lizard that was grin a bit close to the BBQ, and literally throwing it into the bushes!!! The snorkelling was dreadful - they took us to a reef that looked dead - terrible visibility, and no colours whatsoever. I've scuba dived and snorkelled around the world, and this was definitely not what I expected. Also, don't expect a glass-bottomed boat trip - the guide seemed surprised when I got out the leaflet and mentioned it, and he said if I don't want to snorkel I can sit in the dinghy instead and they'd pull up a bit of cover and there was a tiny square of glass. Overall, I had a good day as I was with good company in a beautiful location - but I would highly recommend a different company... And many seasickness tablets!

8  Thank Charlotte_Wimbledon
Reviewed 9 August 2014

2  Thank RMcC2014
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had the pleasure of celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary with Captain Dan, Dave and Asher aboard the Whitehaven Express. It was an absolute joy from the moment we were picked up to the time we were dropped off. Knowledgeable, friendly, humorous staff and amazing scenery and activities. We thoroughly enjoyed our day and would recommend the trip to everyone.