“Great day out.”
Review of Mantaray Charters

Mantaray Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and discover a whole new world of pleasure in the Fantastic Whitsundays aboard the Award Winning Vessel Mantaray. Visit two of the Whitsundays most pristine locations - beautiful Whitehaven Beach and Mantaray Bay. Whitehaven Beach has an amazing 7km stretch of white silica sand and an amazing lookout at Hill Inlet, while Mantaray Bay encompasses a myriad of colourful corals and tropical fish. Scuba dive and snorkel in this fascinating marine wonderland, swim in the aqua-blue waters or simply feel the sand between your toes. It's yours to enjoy. Experience a day like no other aboard Mantaray. This eco-sensitive cruise operation will whisk you around this World Heritage area at a comfortable speed of 21 knots giving you up to two hours to enjoy Whitehaven Beach/Hill Inlet Lookout, and two hours to explore snorkelling and or diving at Mantaray Bay. You will enjoy lots and lots of fish and beautiful corals. Mantaray has plenty of space, unobstructed views, a large shaded area, easy access for all ages, and an onboard toilet. Enjoy the company of the friendly and experienced crew.Listen to expert commentary about the special nature of the island national parks and the fabulous marine life. Snorkel and scuba dive under the watchful eye of our qualified crew, be tempted by a tantalising Mediterranean-style lunch and enjoy free morning and afternoon tea. It all adds up to an unforgettable addition to your Whitsunday holiday.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great day out. Very nice cre who was very friendly and happy to answer question. I did my first ever dive with them and they were so helpful and reassuring. The explain everything really well and once in the water the crew was great. The gentleman who took me down help onto my scubba tank the whole time which was really reassuring so I was able to just relax and he would guide me through the coral. We even had the chance to snorkel or lay on the beach for almost a hour after our dive. The food was good. By far the most spectacular part of the day was Whitehaven Island! We had plenty of time to go to the lookout and enjoy the amazing beach!!

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Went for my first dive which was daunting enough. Thanks to Lucas and Kyun for all the help to make this first time dive as easy as possible. The introduction by Lucas was great. Once down in the water both instructors made sure myself and others were as comfortable as possible. Which in itself hard enough to trust people that you don't know when put into different out of the ordinary everyday life. So I would like to thank them both for their help.

2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked this trip by default as all the cheaper boat tours to Whitehaven Beach were sold out. The crew were excellent especially the photographer who went out of his way to take photos of our family group of 10 and sold them to us on a disk at very reasonable prices. The seas were calm which made for a very enjoyable journey as it was a full boat. It was whale season and we were lucky enough to come across a Mother & Calf who put on a great show. I thought the time on Whitehaven Beach (around 45 mins) was too rushed but that was probably due to the low tide times and the National Parks restrictions. Whitehaven is such a spectacular place that I would have been happy to forgo the snorkelling and stay there for the day. The lunch was fresh and enjoyable and there was plenty for all to eat. We had plenty of time to snorkel and while the coral cannot be compared to the Outer Barrier Reef the turtles, rays and reef fish were wonderful to observe. Thanks for a great day out and I'm glad we ended up on this boat.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Too expansive(165$) for only 2 activities, first the beach lookout alright that´s amazing but That´s not a Mantaray service ! Second one, the snorkeming in only one spot for somthing like 30minuts Max! And after you are are going back too early. "Normal" return: 5:30 we return at 4:00!!! Capitain told to us like a child!!! You have NO freedom on board! This trip is for assistance person not for peoples who like real adventure !! Keep your money et do another smarter trip with it !!!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had good points and bad;

Good:
- The cabin Crew were excellent, really terrific. Very passionate and knew what they were doing. We did an intro dive also which was great.
- The trip itself was beautiful, Whitehaven is stunning. Ideal if you only have one day.
- Did an intro dive, which was a great thing to do. After this trip we had three days on a boat in the Great Barrier Reef, so really got us comfortable in the water

Bad:
- About a week prior I had an email enquiry, for which I never received a reply
- We booked quite late in the day, for the following day. On the phone they said they needed two more people but were not 100% sure if they would be going out. They got my number so they could confirm. I received no confirmation, and when I called back the office had just closed. We got up in the morning and fortunately the transfer turned up.. but we were unsure whether we would be going on the trip that day. No major issue in the end, but the worrying thing is had it not turned up it would have been too late to book anything else for that day, and it was our last full day
- As mentioned in the crew section the cabin crew were first class, I don't remember their names, but they were excellent, however the captain was a no nonsense kind of guy and was frankly rude, seemed to have a short fuse or something. Had a go at me a couple of times, once when I was making a decision over whether to do the intro dive (I am not confident in the water so I was having a bit of a think for about 2 seconds to work up the courage) and he just snapped at me saying 'are you doing it or not, its an easy question' and other times he snapped at some of the guests whose English wasn't great, so of course they were not going to understand him too well. Let the rest of the team down a bit as they were so excellent

Overall a nice trip. As an intro to the great barrier reef it was good. If you only have a day this is well worth it.