“FANTASTIC HOLIDAY”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Airlie Beach
Searene Whitsundays
Reviewed 20 November 2011

absolutely loved the apartment.very quiet and close enough to town to walk to the main venues.the room was unreal as were the views,breathtaking from every area of the apartment,from the jacuzzi to the bed.the staff were so helpfull and knew the surrounding area so well.will be looking forward to my next stay here.....

Room Tip: had a room with the best views from anywhere in the apartment,from the jacuzzi through to the bedroo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I booked a two week stay at Serene Apartments. I should have known from my first phone conversation with the less than desirable management that my stay with them was also going to be less than desirable. (but management wasn't going to be onsite, how bad could it be right? Wrong! )When I arrived, the room smelt terrible. Some idiot had tried to water the fake pot plants and the water had run into the extremely thick shag carpet on the floor. I did not complain about it but did try asking to cancel my stay to no avail. So I resigned myself to my fate with the filthy carpet and dragged it out onto the balcony where it stayed for the next few days to drying out. (I will not go into details about what it was like when I lifted it).
Then I read the welcoming book for Serene Apartments and I totally agree with the traveller from Spain - it was more like being 'threatened' than welcomed.( Other resorts leave the same instructions without sounding 'threatening' ) Then on my first night, something in the fuse box went but because they had locked off the second bedroom, I couldn't get to the fuse box to fix it. They had to send someone out - so i spent several hours of my first evening without tv, cooking facilities etc. I didn't complain about that either. The rest of the stay was uneventful for which I was grateful.
Come time to leave, I was concerned however about the 'threatening tone' of the welcome book at Serene and also the extremely unfriendly woman who manages the place. So I cleaned up as I always do when i leave hotels ( I'm a virgo - the perfectionist and clean freak ) and I took a video of the apartment before I left to prove I'd left it spotless just in case they wanted to charge me an extra cleaning fee. I videoed the second bedroom to show i hadn't used it, I videoed the second bathroom to show I hadn't used it, i videoed the microwave to show it was clean, I videoed the oven to show that that too was clean. I videoed the kitchen, I videoed everything! Or so I thought. Four days after arriving back home, I got an email to say that Serene apartments had taken $50 from my credit card account because I left blood on the sheets and it had gone through to the mattress protector and that it wasn't fair to the cleaning staff to have to clean it up and that they had to get someone in to do it. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????????????? I could not believe it. That is just the dirtiest trick in the book. Outrageous and disgusting. I'm not saying that anyone having an accident like that is disgusting - it can happen - and if i did do it, I would have bought new sheets and mattress protector myself! BUT I DID'NT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And do you think i even thought to pull the sheets right back on the bed to video it?????????? Of course not - who would think to have to do that?? What is this world coming to?? I am so disgusted and mortified by the whole situation. I'd like to address all of Airlie Beach tourism - it is widely known that Airlie Beach is suffering as tourist numbers are down. You can NOT have operators in the area playing dirty tricks like this in your time of need. My trip to Airlie cost me $8,000 for three weeks. I will NOT come back and spend that money again - not ever ever ever again. You have dirty operators!!!!!! ( I did stay somewhere else for my first week in Airlie, it was perfect but they couldn't accommodate me for the whole three weeks which is why I booked 2 weeks at Serene after them. And despite the first place being ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY run, the bad taste left after Serene undid ALL the good work done by the first resort. I will never be back. Never. Airlie Beach can die a slow tourism death for all I care. How dare you steal $50 from my credit card for something I didn't do when I have just spent $8,000 in youjr community. How dare you!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank N M
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We absolutely loved it!! The Views are just amazing, apartments very clean and comfortable. We had many days & nights just soaking in the Jacuzzi on the balcony. We will definitely stay again, highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lee h
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed here at xmas time - most definitely the time of year NOT to visit the whitsundays. It hammered down for almost a week but at least we got to stay somewhere nice.

We had a studio room with a hot tub and had a fab xmas day. The walk up to the apartments from the town is a good steep walk but you get used to it.

The rooms were excellent and the bathroom and kitchen were great. There's also a washing machine and dryer available which was really useful for us.

If you need to go the supermarket get in the taxi and go out of the town a bit if you're staying longer than a few days. The local supermarkets are expensive!

It was quiet in the apartments and as it was over xmas there wasnt any staff around in the 6 days that we were there, so thats why my service score is low.

The pool area is lovely and views are great over airlie beach and the whitsundays!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathg
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The room was very disappointing , the bed facing a brick wall no bigger than a hotel room . We had a spa on the balcony which was pleasant .
it is a long way from any night life so you need a car to stay here . It would be a very long walk home from any restaurant .

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank patricia c
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed in a studio apartment for 3 nights:

Goods:
- pretty good value for money for a new unit
- plenty of towels
- liked the layout and style of the studio
- unit was clean (except for 2 dirty mugs that were replaced upon request)
- lovely pool area
- quiet location, away from the hussle and noise of the main street

Bads -
- unit was the worst unit in the complex and the view was dissappointing because of the large retaining wall right next to the balcony
- the jacuzzi had not been filled or prepared as told would do so (was done the second day upon our request)
- could not change the temperature of the jacuzzi (got too hot after a while)
- guest book said bbq facilitties were available and free to use, but we never found a bbq in the complex
- no on site management or reception and the lady on the phone was extremely rude when we called to ask for something
- extremely steep and long hill to reach complex (must have a car to stay here)
- unit was located 2 floors below reception area so felt like we were staying in the basement and had no lift access (hard to get suitcase up and down stairs)

Overall the complex has potential to be a really nice place to stay, however as we stayed in what appeared to be the worst positioned unit of the whole complex our expectations for the view were signficiantly underwhelmed. I don't mind not having a on site reception especially when a only a few of the units are for holiday lease, but it would be nice to have a welcoming and helpful response when calling management about any issues we had.

Room Tip: make sure you not in unit 1a (other studio apartments would have a better view)
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suzy j
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was our second stay at Searene Whitsundays and it is amazing. Fully self contained room, and has all the cooking utensils included :)

Amazing views from both rooms!! The spa on the balcony, you can sit in for hours on end taking in the amazing scenery. Def recommend

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends