“Not worth it”
Review of Waterline on Shingley - CLOSED

Waterline on Shingley
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Airlie Beach, Australia
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Poor food, noisy, I dislike Techno when I am trying to eat, very average service

1 Thank GandC1948

Melbourne, Australia
“Fabulous dining in Airlie”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We loved our dining experience at Waterline. The restaurant has a fabulous feel to it.The servive was excellent. Attentive without being over the top. We met the young chef's, who are doing a wonderful job.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank PeteBentley
“The actual venue is magnificent but if your going to have a wedding reception there stay on top of every detail & get everything”
Reviewed 8 October 2011

All was well until the day of our wedding then managements attitude changed. They were rude, set things up as they wanted & changed the rules to suit themselves. If you have a tab on the bar go over it with a fine tooth comb afterwards & make sure everything is as you requested. Very pricey & not good value. Although we try not to let it be a negative on our special day we will never forget their attitude.

4 Thank Yachty2
Brisbane, Australia
“A wonderful intimate reception venue, thanks to Sam and staff”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

A wonderful lunch after our wedding ceremony. Tony restaurant owner kindly offered to stay open between lunch and dinner when they would usually be closed to enable us to have a late, loooooooong lunch. And a long lunch it was. 3 - 6:30pm in a restaurant to ourselves, fantastic fresh food, fabulous wine list, and all round great hospitality. All the staff in particular Sam and Waterline's chef were awesome. thanks to all involved!!! Oh and a great view of the Marina!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank JonesRen
Airlie Beach, Australia
“Not good value”
Reviewed 27 November 2010

I'd only recommend Waterline on Shingley if you want somehwere with a bit of atmosphere to go for a nice drink but I wouldn't reccomend the meals. My partner and I dined here and to be honest thought the food was extremely over priced for the quanity and quality. I chose the 'Roasted lamb rack' for my main which came with 2 small potatos which had that 'reheated' taste, yukky and dry. The lamb was 2 tiny pieces no more than 4 mouth fulls (did taste amazing though) and the zucchini in the ratatoulli was old and had a very bitter taste'. This meal was far to small (the size of an entre and it was the main) Both my partner and I felt we had to eat a second meal again when we got home. We both felt very dissapointed and agreed we wouldn't be back. The staff we're lovely though very freindly and welcoming. I just felt for such a "classy" looking restuarant with a fancy but small menu choice the prices and standard was absolutely terrible.