“Friendly, clean and relaxing”

Kipara Tropical Rainforest Retreat
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I arrived at Kipara because there were no backpackers available and I was stranded in Airlie Beach due to a cyclone.
Despite the circumstances, as soon as I arrived I was welcomed by Shirley, who was very friendly and even tried to give me a discount due to the weather - which was obviously not her fault!
I wish I had known about this place before I stayed in a hostel a few nights earlier - it only costs a little bit more and you get a clean, private en-suite room with a TV, hot drinks/kettle, fridge, air-con and free toiletries - in a beautiful resort! I love it and would recommend Kipara to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I didn't want to stay in a backpackers, and this place seemed affordable and nice.
Shirley at the desk was very helpful and sweet.

The room was clean and comfy, the wifi is spotty in room because the layout is so spread out. But there is no charge and they have a computer you can use in the reception as well.

I didn't realize they did tour bookings as well and booked mine through a different agent. However, my reef adventure sea flight was canceled due to high winds and kipara took over as my booking agent and did everything possible to get me on a plane to the reef before I left. Amazingly helpful, great retreat.
A little far (22 min walk) from the center of airlie but that was just what I wanted!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed for two nights in one of the self contained cabins during our stay in Airlie beach. I found this to be great value for money in lovely surrounds. The accommodation was clean and had air conditioning. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

5 friends and I stayed for 8 nights in a Villa for under $110 per night under a weekly rate, excellent value with nothing compromised. The villa was spacious and very clean. The pool and BBQ areas were cleaned daily. It is 3 minute drive from Airlie and if you do not have a car there is a bus stop outside or you can walk (takes approx 40min). The management were extremely helpful and very accommodating to all our needs. I would strongly recommend Kipara to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night as that was all the time we had. This is a great place for all the basics, including air conditioning, access to cheap wifi. We were able to sleep 4 adults for $100 for the night. I know process may be seasonal but that was first week of January. Staff were very friendly. Great budget stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had 2 nights here to visit the Whitsundays. The manager was so helpful and friendly - nothing was too much trouble and she sorted out transport and other trips with enthusiasm. Our cabin was lovely with everything we needed and space outside to eat and park the car. Certainly recommend this accommodation if you want to self cater and have everything you need to do so.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Kipara is a bungalow park situated nearby Airlie Beach. Although there is a supermarket on walking distance, you need wheels to get to Airlie Beach (approx. 2 km). The cabin was equipped up to the standards (kitchenette, (rather noisy) refrigerator, tv, airco and correct bathroom).
Although everything was functioning correctly, we had the impression that the cleanliness could have been better. The linen of the bunk beds didn’t smell fresh which made us doubt if they had been changed (although nicely plied).
Conclusion: for the price, a correct standard equipped installation was provided.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 10 in Airlie Beach
Island Gateway Holiday Park
Island Gateway Holiday Park
#2 of 2 in Jubilee Pocket

Been to Kipara Tropical Rainforest Retreat? Share your experiences!