“Steak lovers rejoice!”

Price range: US$8 - US$47
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: View, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: KC's Grill & Bar is an iconic restaurant situated in the Heart of Airlie Beach's Main Street. Locally owned and managed for over 30yrs. Relaxed atmosphere, friendly service staff and great music every night of the week. Catering to the local trade and travelling tourist. All ages are welcome! No cover charge ever.
Gold Coast, Australia
“Steak lovers rejoice!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Steak lovers can rejoice for here is a restaurant that knows exactly what a good steak is and how to cook it! Meals are well presented and a good size, service is fast and friendly. The atmosphere is a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll. Mains range from about $18 - $40 so there is something for all budgets. The $10 lunch special which I had a few months ago is great value too, without skimping on the quality. However on this occasion I had the Rib Fillet Princess (medium rare) and cooked to perfection with baked potatoes and vegies $38 and well worth it. Will definitely go back to KCs when we are in a meaty mood!

• Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best seafood basket ever!!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Fantastic meals. We ate here 2 nights in a row it was so good. My partner is fussy about how his steak is cooked but his meals were cooked to perfection both nights. I had a steak on the first night and the seafood basket the second night. Both my meals were great, the seafood basket was the best I've ever had. I cant wait for our next trip to Airlie so I can eat here again.

• Visited October 2013
Whitsunday
“My first choice in Airlie Beach”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

KC's is a long established eatery in Airlie. I have been going there for meals, drinks and music for around 30 years. The standard of music is always the highest and they can cook a steak just right. Very relaxed atmosphere with friendly staff.

• Visited June 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Great live music nice atmosphere. Service can be rude”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Always love the atmosphere at kc's and the live bands are awesome.. But some of the girls behind the bar are very rude. Don't seem happy to be there half the time. And not very welcoming or friendly when waiting for a drink

• Visited May 2014
KCsAirlie, Guest Relations Manager at KC's Grill & Bar, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Hi there MrMge
So sorry to hear about your rude staff incident, we take pride in our customer service and it does trouble me to hear such comments from our customers. With a change in management and some recent staff changes, it has been a difficult time to manage. I wish to express my deepest apologies to you on behalf of our most rude staff and assure you that your comments are welcome, we are in the business of hospitality after all, why staff forget that is beyond me. That can be the difference between career hospitality staff and part-time staff, again so terribly sorry for your experience. Talon Taylor former GM
Townsville, Australia
“Amazing pub feed!!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We went there for tea one night - it was very quiet and we were seen very quickly to our table. We ordered our meals and drinks which both came quickly. The food - so yummy! I ordered a parmigana and my partner had the schnitzel, plus we ordered the garlic bread for starters and even that was the best I have ever had. Only downside was it took until we had finished our meals for someone to offer us more drinks. Absolutely loved the place though and it's a shame we were only able to visit it once.

Visited May 2014