“Comfortable and Modern”

Whitsunday Reflections
Sydney, Australia
“Comfortable and Modern”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed recently with my family on a business trip with my husband and 15year old son.
Checked in after hours so had to wait for a phone call to confirm safe code to access our room key. We had to phone Whitsunday Reflections as we had not heard from them as advised by them that they would call us around noon to go through the steps to check-in. Once confirmed we were then advised that we would receive a text to advise the safe code to access the key, this was completed at 4.30pm as advised. So all good.
I found the accommodation Whitsunday Reflections very comfortable and modern interiors. Very spacious, comfortable and modern; modern appliances which all worked efficiently.
Very comfortable beds.
Basic kitchen requirements but enough for what you would need on a vacation.
Air-conditioner was very welcome in all bedrooms and lounge kitchen as well as fans.
The view is lovely but we only had a 90 degree view as the rest was chopped off by other apartments to our right. We also had a lovely view of the car park (so could hear the drunken teenagers returning to the apartments at 3-4am and we also looked over the top of other units.
Would of love to have stayed at the top level but these were larger apartments and were owner occupied.
The apartment was clean but the shower did contain mould around the edges and hair in the corners as well as a build up of soap scum on the clear glass shower screen. Exhaust fans did not work in either bathroom, did not look as they were even connected to electricity.
We were located about mid range of the apartments unit 32, you would not want to go any lower as your view would be obstructed by the tops of trees etc.
There are lots of corridors and stairwells with a lot of wasted space around this complex.
I counted over 85 stairs from our apartment to the pool area. Not great for elderly folk or people with knee problems. Take a lower floor but then you will have the noise of the pool area.
We booked direct through Whitsunday Reflections and found their website cheaper than other internet accommodation booking sites.
Lots of interesting bugs abound at this resort as you are close to the bush - have a look at the pics. The little lizards that appear on the balcony each night and call to each other - very tropical feel.
You are located up a steep hill which is a bit of a climb, but then reduces to a level walk down to the shopping centre.
Enjoyed our break here and would return if going back to Airlie Beach.

Room Tip: Would not be suitable for elderly people who have trouble with stairs. Book direct through Whitsund...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 October 2012

After scoring a reservation here thanks to lastminute.com, I couldn't believe how amazing the place was - stunning views, super clean and modern, wonderful helpful staff. The property is on a steep hill which some might find challenging. It's not, it's an opportunity to work off all that beer you probably drank down at the Marina. Spectacular views made waking up a pleasure and a privilege. Would stay here again, no question. Even at full price!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I would give the accommodation itself 5 stars. It is probably the nicest accommodation I have ever stayed in especially in Australia. Very modern and luxurious with a view to die for (Apt 34). It simply cannot be faulted. The rules do state that you must leave it as you found it, empty bins, do dishes etc which is only fair enough. All new appliances and an excellent washer and dryer. The decor is exquisite! The square footage was also impressive.. Just another minor note, the accommodation is up a hill not that far but a lot easier if you are driving in and out. There is very little reception hours especially at the weekend when the hotel is at its busiest. There is a out of service call system in place. I had notified the hotel I would be arriving late,(we were delayed at the last minute) and got a phone call to say I would receive a text with the code for the security box to pick up our room key. Unfortunately I never got a text and arrived to an empty reception and after a very long car journey-12 hours, all we wanted was to sleep, especially my 2 teens! When I called and left my no, I didnt get a reply, later I was told they didnt hear the last three digits of the no? Go figure? We were lucky someone eventually was lurking in the dark of the reception area and reluctantly came out to us. The lady was very sceptical. After that it was plain sailing. I was able to extend our stay from 2 nights to 3 by email and received a prompt reply verifying it was ok. The price is excellent for mid week stays, little bit more for weekends. I do suggest if you are arriving out of hours to do so well in advance and make sure you receive that text! Again the accommodation itself cannot be faulted, 5 star.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mcoadedoran
Melton, Australia
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Had booked this place based on Tripadvisor reviews. Rates were excellent, and I ended up arriving 1 day earlier than planned and the room was made available. Daily rate was FAR cheaper than motels in Queensland. Yes, it is at the top of a steep hill, but once you enter your apartment and see the view, you won't care. If you can't manage the walk up the hill, you are probably the sort of person that doesn't walk anywhere anyway. There are lots of taxis available in town. The walk back up the hill gives you a reason to go for a swim or sit on your balcony and admire the view. The spa was not working during our stay due to a breakdown, but they were working furiously to fix it. Its mechanical, and things do break down. Its not the end of the world. The room was really clean, luxurious and had everything you could need. It was fantastic to wake up looking out to sea in the morning. It appeared that all the carparking is undercover, so no car damage if a storm comes through. Staff in the office were helpful, and to the people who complained about taking their rubbish out, you walked/drove within 2 metres of where it has to go everytime you went out. My brother and his wife were staying in a privately rented house in Airlie Beach for their daughters wedding, and after seeing this apartment, extended their holiday and stayed here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Devonport, Australia
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I was sceptical that a 3 bedroom penthouse apartment (with its own roof top pool) offered at such a reasonable rate could live up to the promotional material and it was with trepidation that I made the booking (for 8 nights), expecting the worst. How wrong I was!! The apartment (No. 37) was truly amazing - spacious, beautifully appointed (3 bathrooms, good quality bedding, full laundry facilities, dishwasher, outdoor dining, two tv's, sound system), clean and the view 'out of this world'. The pool was a good size for relaxing in (if you feel the need to do laps, there is a shared lap pool within the complex). The staff were very helpful and friendly. The only disadvantage to staying here is that to get these fantastic views, you need to be up a big hill and having a hire car (or taxi service) is the only way to avoid a steep walk up or down hill to the town centre. This applies to a lot of Airlie Beach accommodation though, so should only be a minor consideration.

Room Tip: Choosing a room higher up the hill provides better views and more privacy from other guests accessin...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Appartments are big, well decorated and romantic atmosphere. I would describe it as "luxury". Sea views from the terrace are great. Kitchen is well equiped. You have your own parking place. You just have to know that it is on the top of a hill and it takes 15 minutes walking from main street of Airlie Beach, therefore a car or a taxi (5 dollars) will be very convenient.

• Stayed July 2012
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

Just got home after a week at Reflections, and I miss it already! I have never walked into such a beautiful apartment - so spacious and clean! The views were amazing from the large balcony. We had the one room apartment which was enormous - lovely big kitchen, big lounge room, shower, beautiful bath, and big deck. It also had two sinks in the bathroom which was great - I didn't have to share with my girlfriend :) there is a steep hill to walk to get to the apartments but takes about 10mins tops from the main drag. You don't need to be especially fit - we didn't have a car and we were fine. Overall I loved the accommodation and I think we'll be back for sure :)

• Stayed July 2012