“If you want a good meal with great people while tasting Italian cuisine this is your destination.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sorrento Restaurant and Bar

Sorrento Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #14 of 102 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I eat here every week, the coffees, pasta, pizza, lamb shanks, desserts and did I mention the steak the best in town....

• Visited October 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Sorrento at sunset”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Perfect location for a quiet drink with the locals. Loved that it overlooked the beautiful boats and looked stunning at sunset! Great scenic walk from main street!

Visited September 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Best food in Airlie Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Airlie is not known for its fine dining experiences so I went into Sorrento without high expectations, for a meal prior to our boat charter. Turns out it serves absolutely top notch and quite fabulous food in a gorgeous setting and I cannot recommend it highly enough! My pasta was to die for and my partner had some really wonderful salmon. All the produce was fresh and fabulous. The kids both decided on a pizza, which they declared was one of the best they've ever eaten! I have eaten at most of Airlie's eateries on trips over the past couple years and this was definitely the best meal I have had, and prices were more than fair. They also had a nice wine list. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Poor service and terrible lamb shank”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We only went to this place as we were tired after an all day boat trip. It was close by to the marina and we couldn't be bothered to walk into town.
I ordered lamb shank. The potato and veg were tasty but the lamb itself was terrible! It was so tough and fatty. A real disappointment.
The place was really understaffed and as a result service just wasn't good enough. Our dinner took a long time to come! The restaurant was messy with tabled that had been lift with dirty plates etc on them even thighs customers had been gone quite some time!
When we finished our meals we sat for a while. We baca me impatient so had to go pay directly at the till. I reckon if we wanted a dessert we would have been left unattended.
Worst meal I had in Australia during a month long trip up the east coast!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sydney
“Bad pizza”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Really bad pizza, don't bother , walk into town and have real food. We were looking for a quick and easy meal on our first night before we set sail for a week around the Whitsunday's. really sorry looking pizzas with commercial crust and virtually no filling. Don't bother.

Visited September 2013