“Good place to stay in airlie”

Base Backpackers Airlie Beach
Airlie Beach, Australia
“Good place to stay in airlie”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Base hostel is located at the top of the main street. Once you get off the bus joe will pick you up from the bus terminal which is a bit out of town. The hostel is clean and got nice rooms. The staff is really nice and helpful (special thanks to Joe and Andy!)

• Stayed May 2014
Base Airlie Bea... R, Front Office Manager at Base Backpackers Airlie Beach, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

The boys are going to love this one. Thank you for making a special mention of Andy and Joe. They will be so very pleased as are we for their outstanding service. I'm happy to hear that you found our hostel clean and friendly. Should your travels ever bring you back to us in Airlie Beach. Drop by and say hello. You might find yourself living here one day. It's just one of those places.

Aotea RM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hillsborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Got to base at 7am, due to night bus, the girl said for $2 I could have a room straight away.
They accommodated me very well. The rooms were clean enough and beds were comfy! Shower was powerful and warm.
Pool area was clean, hammocks outside were nice.
Washing facilities good.
Reception was ok it was pretty slow. One girl was fairly rude on my first day and then 3 days later I returned to stay another night and she was friendly - maybe just got her on a bad day previously.
Would recommend in airlie beach. Luggage storage for whitsundays trip is $6.
Much better than other bases!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback and the time it would have taken to review our property. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The comfort of our beds, the powerful shower, hammocks and pool area.

I do however apologise that your first impression of service was not a good one.

Here's to wishing you all the best on your travels. Hopefully they'll find you back with us at Base in Airlie Beach.

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Base is certainly the best hostel in Airlie, Staff are very friendly, especially the reception staff. When you arrive, they offer a Shuttle from the bus station to pick you up and drive you to the hostel. I know that it's one of the only hostels to do this in Airlie Beach ! So I was very happy to not have to walk 10min with my Heavy backpack haha :P

A lot of facilities: Kitchen, Swimming pool, .... The Down Under Bar where you can enjoy good live music every night, I love this place, perfect to have breakfast/lunch/dinner or just have a drink !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Outstanding!! Thank you so much for your praise of our hostel and bar. I'm glad to hear that you received 'awesome' service from our staff and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please come back again soon. We'd love to have you!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2014

When I first walked in at base I met a smiling girl with a flower in her head her name was Aotea I later discovered.. she was very friendly and helped me with all my questions.. I had a lot and she did seems to be bothered.. the answered all of them and was understanding that i haven't been traveling for long
For a second I though I had arrived in Hawaii.. after a fast and professional check in she showed me to my room, a beautiful Bungalow with an amazing view and a clean and big room.. and the bathroom with a jacuzzi. it aslo spaced a small kitchen.
the Base property itself was amazing felt like you're in the middle of a rainforrest and u could expect to c anything from snakes till drunk ppl on the lawn..
I loved Base and it's friendly staff.. thank you see you soon again..

Room Tip: Rooms close to the reception has better internet cover
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
kelsastar79, General Manager at Base Backpackers Airlie Beach, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hi & thanks you for such an amazing review!

Aotea is our rooms manager and is always at work with a smile on her dial, she was really greatful for your review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and please if you get the chance come back and visit again :)

Cheers
Kellie Brookes |GM
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Loved my stay here, was put up in a beautiful private room, ensuited (with a spa bath) little kitchenette could have spen the whole time here, but the reception/travel gurus helped get me on a boat around the whitsundays - then got stuck into a few drinks with me at Down Under Bar when I got back...
Can't wait to get back - paradise..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I'm so grateful that you enjoyed yourself on your stay with us at Base Airlie Beach Resort. And that our staff were able to help you find an amazing tour around the whitsundays. We are living in paradise here and we hope that you'll come join us again someday.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We booked a King Ensuite on the Base website because the website states these are newly renovated rooms. However, the rooms are far from renovated. They look like they haven't been renovated since the 1970s!!! We paid AUD 115 for one night which really wasn't worth it. We moved out the next day even though we were offered the room for AUD 80 for the rest of our stay.

The organisation of the reception area is terrible. We were queuing for one hour to check in because the girl at the desk went on a break. It also seems to take 15 mins to check each person in!!! After a long journey, this is the last thing we wanted to do.

We booked a cruise from the tour desk. Again, this took about an hour to book and there was a long queue behind us. One person in the queue wanted to ask a quick question, but the man behind the desk, Jamie, snapped at him and told him to wait his turn!!

This is the worst Base I've ever been to. If you are staying in Airlie Beach as a couple, you can find lovely studio apartments for less money than a horrible double room in Base.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charles W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. It's very disheartening to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us here in Airlie Beach.

We've tried really hard to keep our rooms as updated as possible due to demand and can assure you that the King Rooms (which we've recently configured) have just been re-painted, bathrooms re-sealed and tiled with a room revamp. I'm sorry that during your stay you were not happy with the standard of your room.

Further, I do apologise that the service you received was not ideal. We are still currently training new staff which is a process and can quite often mean longer then normal wait times. I do hope you understand and accept our sincerest apologies for having made you wait.

However, because of feedback such as yours we would not have otherwise known the areas we need to improve. So for this Thank You from all the base staff and we hope you enjoy the remainder of your travels.

Travellers are raving about these Airlie Beach hotels

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Cannot thank staff member Andy enough he helped me organise my IDC course when I thought all hope was lost and thanks to him I am staying on in airlie and doing my course with one of Australia's most reputed course directors :) cheers bro also a huge thanks to Jamie who also made me feel much better when I can in dripping with rain, sick and feeling rather down, these two both rock!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Jame-I and Andy are awesome blokes aren't they. They're what the travel industry and Base is all about. I'm pleased to hear that they have you sorted and that you'll be staying on in Airlie Beach. Enjoy and good luck!!