“Very disappointing, they made me miss the barrier reef”

Whitsunday Island Adventure Cruises
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was expecting quite a lot from this cruise. That is why I explicitly speficied when I booked by phone that I wanted to see Whitehaven Beach, the famous one on all the pictures, and the real Greet Barrier Reef and not some snorkelling near the coast. They told me there would be both of them. It ended up we DID NOT go and even SEE the SCENIC BEACH of Whitsundays. It was inconceivable as it seems to be the main attraction there. Indeed we went to Whitehaven Beach, but on the other side; it is a fantastic beach though, but we have only 30 minutes to enjoy there.

Then we went to Hook Island. The glassboat was RIDICULOUS. We did not see anything. To be honest I guess I have seen 4-5 fishes from the glass. Then we went snorkelling and indeed we see corals and fishes but IT WAS NOT THE REEF. We asked the crew and we got the answer "Yes, the reef is 30 miles far this way. But it is still the reeef here though"......NO it was not the reef. It was ok, nice to see some fishes but it was not very colorful neither varied as expected. Nothing special.

Finally we ended up at 3.30pm at DayDream Island, for two hours. A superficial, commercial hotel-island where we were probably supposed to buy souvenirs. Or to see the small wallabies that look like zombies, and everywhere on he grass as the staff of the hostel has spread food for them everywhere on the grass. Worse than in a zoo. There were a few manta rays in a pool and some sea-animals; indeed, we've seen barely some of them while snorkelling so we had to see some more on this horrible island. Everything was disgusting. It was the LONGEST ATTRACTION of the trip ! Deplorable.

TO sum up the trip was not at all what we expected. Indeed the food was unlimited on boat, and whitsundays are beautiful, but it was quite expensive for that. I felt like trapped. I expected two things from this trip (barrier reef, beautiful whitehaven beach, the side with the twisted beach) and I did not get any. Instead I was dropped on ones of the worst place I ever been on Earth, Daydream Island. I would not recommend this cruise to anyone. Stay away.

2  Thank Thierry G
"scuba diving"
"morning tea"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Four of us not so young but no so old did a lovely cruise to Whitehaven via Daydream and Hamilton. Jason and staff were great very helpful and obliging even walking down the gang plank to the beach. What can one say about this most beautiful area perfect in every way never swam in such warm waters and its only September. Also used this company to transfer from Hamilton to Airlie beach no problems well organised outfit highly recommended them. Came back on board to find a lovely afternoon snack of olive bread, all sorts of dips, corn chips etc was a nice suprise expected cake and coffee!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Superb day out all round. The staff were outgoing, friendly, and spot on for this sort of day out. The itinerary could not be bettered, three different islands, each with its own individual stamp. Great food at the tavern for lunch also - pick any dish from the menu. The only complaint is I can't find anything to complain about :-)

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent a day aboard the MV 2001 and visited the three islands, Hook Island, Whitehaven Beach and Daydream Island. What a brilliant day. We were picked up at our accommodation and taken by coach to Shute Harbour where we boarded the MV 2001. Tea, coffee and snacks were available immediately. On the way out of Shute Harbour we encountered Humpback whales. Hook Island is an amazing place. A budget wilderness retreat now deserted, it is a beautiful spot to snorkel. We have snorkelled in such places as tropical islands north of Papua New Guinea and a few weeks ago in Hawaii, and my husband says this is up with the best. We were lucky that this time of year there are no stingers so no suits required. We spent about 30 minutes in their semi submergible sub so everyone could see the reef, but the snorkelling was much better. There were kayaks to use for free as well which was great fun. Then off to Whitehaven and wow! I can see why this is one of the top places on earth to visit. Just spectacular. The food on board was just right and there was ample of it. Nothing beats sitting back on the top deck with the sun setting in the western sky cruising through these beautiful waters while sipping on a wine. There are just a couple of suggestions that would have made a near perfect day perfect. More commentary about the islands we were passing and information about the area would have been good, and perhaps a separate submarine viewing for the little children and their parents as they were very excited to see "Nemo" which made the commentary on this boat difficult to hear. All in all, this was so worth the money and we would thoroughly recommend it over any of the other tours on offer.