“Unbeatable!”

Solway Lass Day Charters
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My boyfriend and I were on the Solway Lass for 3 days and 3 nights in October and man, I wish we could go back! The crew was fantastic (the captain had hilarious stories), the food was delicious, and the scenery could not have been better! A lot of individuals our age (early 20s) choose the more "rowdy" tours around the Whitsunday's, but I am so glad that we splurged and picked the Solway Lass because the experience was unbeatable. It was definitely a highlight during our 3 months in Australia!
The only criticism I have is that the ship returned to Airlie an hour or two earlier than scheduled, which was a bit of a disappointment as we didn't want to get off at all!

There are newer reviews for Solway Lass Day Charters

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed on The Solway Lass 31 Dec - 3 Jan 2014. Excellent trip such an experience. So much better than the modern boats . The crew are fantastic , friendly helpful and professional in the coolest way. Thanks to Dave the chef who provided beautiful food the whole trip and to Kurt the friendly barman ( drinks are very reasonable in fact the cheapest we found in the whole of our Australian trip ) It was so laid back but you could join in the sailing and helping crew if you wish. The snorkel trips were very good even if you are a novice or never done it before. There are only 30 people + crew on board and we had a really good time with all nationalities every one was awesome . We met some amazing people and had an amazing time.
Our ages of our group were 51 , 49 and 25. Every age group will enjoy it.
Oh and I have never seen so many stars in all my life, don't think I will ever get to see the milky way again. Beautiful
This trip is well worth the price and an adventure you will never forget. I would rate this trip 10*
Bev O

3  Thank Bev O
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Our family of eleven [aged between 11yrs and 75yrs] joined the Solway Lass crew over Christmas for 3d/3n. This cruise was a highlight of our time in Queensland. The crew was absolutely phenomenal, very safety conscious, responsible for a very relaxing and friendly vibe. Captain Tim and his team (Kate, Jade, Ed, Kurt and Johnno) ensured that everyone was comfortable and safe. Thanks Jade for the lovely 5-star meals!!
This adventure is definitely only for people that love the outdoors. Remember your sea-sick tablets! We spent a lot of time snorkelling, swimming and exploring the islands.
The cabins are comfortable and clean. Food excellent. We played some card games in the evening (take along your own entertainment), read or mingled with fellow travellers. Communal Bathroom was never crowded. Take the minimum of clothing, hat, camera and water bottle.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Four of us went on this ship for 3 days, 3 nights just before xmas! I have to say, this was the highlight of our 3 weeks in Australia. OK, so you don’t have all the mod cons of a new and luxury ship, but you are in over 100 years of history! The Beds are really comfortable! A special shout out to Dave (the cook) who especially looked after us being vegetarian (and one vegan) he never failed to surprise us with each meal! Kurt the bar man was also awesome, had some good laughs with him! I love the face that they didn’t have a set route they follow, we went where and did what the majority of the people wanted to! All the islands and snorkelling places they took us to were breath taking! Even went Scuba Diving for the first time, the instructors were awesome! We all got involved when we were preparing to go sailing! There was a lot of space in this ship to comfortably move around, be seated or standing, be in the shade or the sun and still be outdoors! It has everything you would possibly need! Would recommend it to everyone out there!

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

First off-this is not a party ship. We had 23 people aboard, ranging from 19 or so to 60, and everyone seemed to be having a good time. There were a couple of hikes, a full day of reef snorkling(with a dive option), and lots of swimming and rope swings Into the water. The crew was knowledgable about both the ship and the Whitsundays. The food was excellent, and how he managed to create those meals in that tiny galley I will never understand. All in all, a great 3 day option for seeing the Whitsundays.