“Relaxing cocktails”

Whitsunday Sailing Club
Ranked #24 of 104 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: With arguably the best water view in the Whitsundays, the Whitsunday Sailing Club is a 'must see' venue in Airlie Beach.Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner with sailing club has a magnificent menu selection with a regular mixed buffet and specials board.The tropical cocktails are the talk of the town and the new weekend breakfast menu is a great way to treat yourself.There are regular sailing races to watch from the balcony and live entertainment to enjoy every Sunday afternoon with our famous "Sunday Jam Session".
cairns
“Relaxing cocktails”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Lovely deck for relaxing drinks and great views watching the yachties potter about, however, the food is pretty awful.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank paulandvic
WSC4802, Head Chef at Whitsunday Sailing Club, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello Sir/Maam

My name is Jason Clark, Head Chef at the Whitsunday Sailing Club.
I am very sorry to read your comment on the food here at the Club. I would very much like the chance to do something about this.
If it is ok for you to do so, would you please provide me with more specifics as to what it is that made your experience less than ordinary with the food.
Please email me direct on: chef@whitsundaysailingclub.com.au
I appreciate your comment even though it is a negative one, as it is very hard to better something without knowledge of the wrongs.
I eagerly look forward to your informing reply

Jason Clark
Head Chef
WSC

Nha tran
“Very basic”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Went here over the Easter weekend and was very disappointed. Waited until after 9pm for our meals, no apology for waiting over an hour for a very basic meal

Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Great View”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely spot for sunset on the veranda, however large groups also congregate there for meals and can get quite loud.
Meals are at restaurant prices and decent enough.
Reservations required.

airlie beach
“new menu”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My partner LOVED the kangaroo skewers! - He even ate alll the salad which is not normal! I loved the calamari salad!

Visited February 2014
Cairns, Australia
“Revisiting my last review”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I thought it fair to share with TA members the positive response I received from the Whitsunday Sailing Club to my recent review. My earlier review was based on two visits late last year and was very negative about several aspects of the club. I can advise that I was contacted by the club General Manager who sought further details about my experiences then undertook her own enquiries into the matters I raised. After doing so, she got back to me and essentially confirmed the incidents complained of. She apologised for what had gone wrong and detailed the steps the club had taken, at least in general terms, to avoid a repeat.

I was pretty impressed with her actions and thought I'd share the experience. It does the club credit. And while my original view was accurate, this should be considered in light if the response by management.

Visited November 2013