“Great one-day activity!”

Big Fury Island Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fun, fast cruise around the Whitsunday Islands. All in one day visit world famous Whithaven Beach, then it's off to a pristine snorkelling reef off of another island, a delicious picnic lunch served right on the beach, afternoon snacks, entertaining and educational crew commentary throughout the day. Fun from start to finish!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great one-day activity!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Booked this trip because of all the positive reviews. Super glad I did. I was at the wrong spot for the pick-up (entirely my fault) but Matt was so kind as to wait/come look for me. Didn't think that would happen what with there being so many others that booked the trip. Good reception at the marina and a great boat ride (I tend to get seasick sometimes, but on the Fury it was all good). Prepare to laugh at all the silly jokes that are being made by the crew :)

Unfortunately there wasn't very good visibility when snorkeling, but I actually didn't even mind. Lunch was great, the atmosphere even better and Whitehaven Beach was amazing (despite some clouds). Book this trip, guys!

1 Thank Aat P

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Thoroughly Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a fantastic day out on Big Fury. Part of the service was being picked up and dropped off at our caravan park. The staff were excellent (especially our main guide, Lachie) and we spent the day snorkelling and enjoying Whitehaven Beach. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, and Lachie looked after our 6 year old whilst we went snorkelling, by taking him out in the tender and showing him coral through the glass bottom viewer.

The buffet lunch was excellent in terms of both quantity and quality of food. Definitely recommend to anyone visiting the area.

Big Fury visits the southern end of Whitehaven Beach, and doesn't do the lookout / shifting sands end - but this is made fairly clear and in no way detracts from what is an excellent day out.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Brendan G
Victoria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“More like furious!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We booked this tour for the last day of our holiday in Airlie Beach only to be disappointed. After waiting for 20 minutes for the courtesy pick up we decided to call only to be told that our trip had been cancelled. The excuse was that it was cancelled the day before due to maintenance and that we should have been notified, which of course we were not and blamed it on "the new girl". By this time it was too late to find another tour so we missed out on seeing the islands, the main attraction of the Whitsundays. Give this one a miss and find something more reliable.

2 Thank vaitecat
DianneF383, Public Relations Manager at Big Fury Island Tour, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
I am sorry to hear that you were not advised of Big Fury's cancellation in advance, as the trip was cancelled early morning the day before and according to the notes from our manifesting agent, all 6 guests booked on your day of departure were either advised over the phone, or had contacted the agent they booked through and the accommodation where you were staying. So I am very sorry that you never received the message.

It is very rare for us to have to cancel without scheduled maintenance in advance, but occasionally emergencies do arise.

As a gesture of our deepest apologies we would like to offer you a complimentary cruise on the Big Fury the next time you visit the Whitsunday's and I'm quite certain than your option of our company will change.

Please contact management directly on fury@whitsunday.net.au
Chester
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Big Fun on the Big Fury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We didn't have the postcard weather, but what do you expect in Aug. The choppy waters actually made it more fun... Our 2 boys laughed all the way to Whitehaven. Crew were v welcoming and accommodating, especially Brayden who my son should be a comedian. Great fun and great value

1 Thank Chris T
Townsville, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing, best adventure yet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Let me first say that I only booked this trip because I wanted to snorkel on the reef and this boat was $50-$100 cheaper than other companies ($115 for the day). I was a little nervous because I thought the trip would be crap with a ton of people. My experience was exactly the opposite of my expectations. Within a few minutes of being on the boat, we saw a baby humpback whale breaching in the distance, so the captain veered the boat in his direction and we watched mum and baby leap out of the water for a good 20 min. Because the boat was so small and fast we could make these manoeuvres, unlike your basic catamaran. Amazing start to the trip. The crew was lovely, and they made a concerted effort to get to know us. Snorkelling was beautiful, lunch was delicious and white haven beach was perfect. Because we stopped to see the whales on the way in we were running a bit late by the end of the day, but in spite of that, when we saw more whales, 4 adults, swim near us we stopped and watched them for a bit. The two crew members truly cared that we had a fantastic time. A lot of other companies would have kept moving and made us watch the ocean life from afar. Very happy to have chosen Big Fury and highly recommend.

Visited July 2014