“Comfortable and Welcoming”

Colonial Palms Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Airlie Beach
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Mum and I drove into Airlie with no reservation in place for our accommodation so when I saw the Best Western sign I thought we could rely on them for value. We were welcomed in, given a room with twin pillow top beds in one room and a Queen Pillow top bed in another room with kitchen etc and breakfast included for $140 per night for both of us. We ate dinner in the restaurant attached to the hotel and had the most amazing chicken and tarragon pie! The hotel has a pretty pool,laundry and plenty of car parking. The staff are friendly,helpful,and greet you by name. We didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our journey from Melbourne to Cooktown, so were looking for economy on our stays, but Colonial was such a wonderful surprise! Lovely private balcony on first floor was great for drinks at end of day but the beds & pillows were absolutely the BEST! I brought my own pillow on the journey, just in case, but certainly didn't need it on this stay! Reception very friendly & helpful! Thank you so much, Colonial for giving me the 2 best nights sleep of our journey so far!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I am a frequent traveller. This place is fantastic. My favourite place to stay in QLD. Bernie and John, Owner/Managers make this place. They remember everything I have ever told them about myself. I have recommended colleagues here and they thanked me for it. Always greet me like they have known me for years. I have special dietary needs which they are always most accommodating to. Even offering me Aerogaurd whist sitting outside for dinner! Rooms always clean..so are air conditioners!
You won't be disappointed staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for one?
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013

we liked the place and the warm welcome we met here. the owners-managers were extremely positive and helpful.

mind the fact that it is unlikely to be able to eat after 8 pm - we arrived at 8.40 and the kitchen was already closed. it was not a disaster though - we had a great dinner in Fish D'vine recommended to us.

the place is a bit off the town center with a 15-20 minutes walk to the vibe

Reviewed 12 April 2013

My wife and I booked in here due to its rating in the RACQ guide. We were not disappointed. From the first meeting with the host until check out, we were quite taken with the welcoming attitude of all the staff. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The free light breakfast was made even better by the attention of the chef, who could not do enough for us. We are planning to stay longer next time.

1  Thank BillnDav
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Myself and my girlfrined recently paid a flying trip to Airlie beach and stayed at the Colonial Palms Motor Inn. We were very pleased with this accommodation for a number of reasons. The room was exceptionally clean and well maintained and although I didn't use the pool area, it looked well kept and nicely designed.

There are currently roadworks taking place along the main strip in Airlie Beach and when you couple that with some loud bars, the location of the motor inn a 5-10 minute walk from the town centre is ideal for some peace and quiet.

With that said, the most prominent plus with regard to this accommodation is the genuinely friendly and considerate staff who made our stay a treat. They were really approachable and facilitating and we couldn't have asked for better hosts.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

The room was big, nice king size bed, nice showers, free-wifi was working good, rare free wifi in Australia.. Free breakfast , but not full buffet like some other places.but then again seems like free breakfast in Australia is a rare thing, . The staff was very helpful..good location 20 minutes walk to town, the pool seemed very nice but had debris , branches and leaves in it , when we were there, didn't feel like swimming in it. Car port to park your car.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 10 in Airlie Beach
Reef View Hotel
Reef View Hotel
#5 of 5 in Hamilton Island

Been to Colonial Palms Motor Inn? Share your experiences!