“Great Service”

Ranked #52 of 105 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Down Under Bar & Grill is a vibrant Bar and Bistro in the Heart of Airlie Beach. Offering great value Breakfast & Dinner plus an unrivalled night-time atmosphere. Situated at the top end of the main street with views of the Whitsunday's from our Beer Garden, it doesn't matter if you require Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or Dinner. We have you covered.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We went for dinner one night and the chef cooked me a special meal to accommodate my food allergies. The staff were friendly and service was great

TimLangford, Manager at Down Under Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello Margi L

Thanks for the Feedback!

We ensure our staff are as informed & accommodating and possible when it comes to food intolerances and allergies.

It's good to hear that they are maintaining this standard.

Hopefully we can see you in DUB and the Beach again!

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

As I was staying in Base next door I decided to take advantage of the $10 meal and drink deal. I went on Sunday afternoon and had a chicken burger with a coke. The chicken was tiny and dry and I had asked for no salad and ended up with lots of it. But it was $10 so I can't complain too much right? The music was also very loud and I could hardly hear what my friend was saying to me. The bar hand was also walking around in shorts that revealed way too much for a Sunday afternoon! This is definitely a night spot for sure, if you're looking for a decent cheap meal then it's best to pay $5 more and go elsewhere.

Hello Reenie90,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback.
Catering largely for backpackers our meals are sold at a very competitive $10 for in house guests.
Also our staff uniforms are a little more relaxed then some other establishments.

However, revealing is not something our patrons should be subjected to and I will be monitoring staff uniforms over the coming weeks to ensure standards are improved.

Many thanks for the feedback again,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Cheap meal and it was cheap.
Think its more of a drinking place at night.
More for young people as well.
Have fun

Hello Marilyn S,

Thanks for taking the time out to leave us some comments on our operation here.

we do largely cater for the international tourist market and as a result they are searching for a good value low budget feed.
This is where we aim to be.

I will be reviewing the food quality over the coming weeks and making adjustments if required to ensure quality is not sacrificed in the name of value.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Down under bar is pretty good. There's a lot of people in it so plenty of craic there. Drinks are an average price, deals aren't great on them but the $13 meal and drink deal seems pretty good

Hello holiday602,

We thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

We do have some competitive specials and try to find the best value for our customers across our product range.

In light of this review we will look at maybe adjusting our offers further.

Hope to see you back in the Beach soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Down Under Bar is a great place for solo travelers to meet new people. They have meal deals for $13 (some tour groups give out $10 meal deal vouchers, too) and a pretty big selection of domestic and import beers on tap. Its laid-back atmosphere made me stop in several times during my week in Airlie Beach.

Hello Seetha S,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some valuable feedback.

It delights me that you had a great stay and returned to our business.
We pride ourself on providing a good range of tap beer/cider. So glad you appreciated this!

Hopefully we shall see you in Airlie Beach again!!