“Yummy”

Whitsunday Seafood Bar
Ranked #26 of 105 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: This place is a fantastic seafood take-away. Beautiful, fresh seafood and salads. Right across from some very convenient, sheltered picnic tables on the beach. Only a very short wait on food, even with a lot of people ordering. We were very impressed with the friendly service and thought it should be recommended!!
Cairns, Australia
“Yummy”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Good value for money, I paid 18 for a whole lot of chips, huge piece of mackerel, drink, tartare sauce and scallop. My only problem was it was the chips were little too salty for my liking. But otherwise a fantastic value for money place! Was very busy on a Friday night but we got our takeaway food in less than 8 minutes.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa, Canada
“Best fish in Airlie Beach”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Came for lunch and returned the next day, wishing they were open for dinner and served wine! Spotless store with fish all freshly displayed. Day 1, I had the Red Emperor ( grilled, instead of battered, as per the staff recommendation) with chips. Both were fresh, unbelievably tasty and cooked to perfection. Portions generous. My husband had similar experience with grilled Barramundi . Returned next day, when I ordered fresh, steamed, large shrimp with salad ( choice of 3 available). Basic store, orders placed at counter and tables on sidewalk out front. Highly recommend.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank 455kate
“Fresh and delicious could eat here every night!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Best fish and chip shop we've been to, service friendly explained varieties of fish to us and sure is a wide selection.
First visit we bought fish and cooked it up ourselves, mackerel melted in my mouth and dory delicious.
Second visit barramundi and chips, huge piece of fish and sooo fresh and flavoursome.
Staff terrific had a chat and looked after us, good value for money that's for sure.
We will be back, already.

Visited October 2013
“Don't Eat Here”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

My husband bought fish and chips for 2 kids and 2 adults. So x2 pieces of dory, six fish bites, x4 calamari rings and some chips, he paid a ridiculous $58. Appalling...... If I had been with him I would have laughed and walked out.... So I was expecting the BEST fish and the most awesome chips EVER, but got Dory that was like eating jellyfish, it tasted like nothing and had a jelly consistency it was disgusting, full of oil just like the chips, I tried my sons fish- tasted like nothing, however not like jelly all in all I was shocked at the price, and then angry my husband didn't know better than to pay $58 for fish and chips, and then shocked again that a fish and chip shop so close to fresh fish and the ocean has crap fish.... My local shop 200 kms from any ocean has way better fish and chips for $8.00!! (That's no lie!!!) be prepared to pay big bucks, if your thinking 'we'll just get some fish and chips' your better off going to some resturant at least you'll get a seat and some utensils!!!

Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Discovered this restaurant/take away by mistake, was looking for something light to eat and decided to try Whitsunday seafood. Was not disappointed. My partner and I bothy chose grilled dory fillet with salad. The fish was beautifully cooked and very fresh, as was the salad. Exactly what we were looking for. Staff were also very friendly and attentive. Would most definitely return if we had more time in airile beach!
Restaurant was over looking the beach, perfect way to end the day!

• Visited October 2013