“Nice”

Whitsunday Seafood Bar
Ranked #23 of 104 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: This place is a fantastic seafood take-away. Beautiful, fresh seafood and salads. Right across from some very convenient, sheltered picnic tables on the beach. Only a very short wait on food, even with a lot of people ordering. We were very impressed with the friendly service and thought it should be recommended!!
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Stopped for a snack and shared a fishermans basket. Nice and stopped the hunger pangs. Staff friendly. Cooked fresh.

There are newer reviews for Whitsunday Seafood Bar

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I tried the single platter with some prawn cutlets and we were extremely satisfied. The fish was cooked perfectly and the prawn cutlets were amazing! The man who served us was very friendly, definately recommend if you are after some good old fish and chips.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We decided fish and chips would be the order for dinner. One of our daughters decided she wanted a few other bits instead. So we added a spring roll, calamari, potato scallops and some Prawn Cutlets. I couldn't believe it when I saw the Prawn Cutlets. They were fresh prawns, lightly crumbed. Tasted so good I really wanted to go back and get heaps more, but thought we'd finish the rest first. The spring roll not so good but the calamari, fish and chips were great. Pleasantly priced, only regret was not getting more Prawn Cutlets. Gave it a 4 because the spring roll wasn't that good, but I'd certainly eat there again.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Pros - chips tasted nice but how hard is it to place pre-cut pieces of potato in some hot oil. They tasted nice because they were oil soaked so not healthy but can chips really be healthy?

It is centrally located.

Cons - got the barramundi. It tasted frozen with that yucky fishy taste. Barra is meant to be a nice eating fish. It was over cooked nearly black crumbs and dripping with oil.

OMG the cost. Got 2x barra & chips and 6 calamari rings and 2 soft drinks - $39. I could sit in at a restaurant for that price. I can get 2 huge pieces of fish and enough chips for 4 for like $15 where I live. I just don't get it. Captured market.

It is sad that you can't get good fish and chips on the doorstep to the Great Barrier Reef. Steer clear.

1  Thank Twoin F
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Great fish and chips, reasonably priced. Lovely man behind the counter served us and didn't make a fuss when I came back to add pineapple fritters. Highly recommend!