The Coral Sea Resort is ideally located right on the ocean. The resort is approximate a 5 minute walk into the central area of town. The best part of the walk is that you don't need to cross a single street, its entirely along the ocean-side.
Check-in was smooth and the Front Desk staff get a one of the Bell staff to haul your luggage to your room. The room we booked was an Ocean view Suite. The room has a outdoor tub on the patio, and a hammock. The room is large with a sitting area (with lounge chair and sofa/sofabed). The bathroom is in proportion to the room size and there are large doors that open completely to the patio. So you can be in the bathroom and have to sea breezes coming in. Which is very pleasant.
The unit had a small kitchenette, with a microwave and a 1/2 sized fridge, which is good enough to keep your drinks cold.
The hotel doesn't have much for grounds as it is squeezed between the road and the ocean and is perched on a rock cliff. In order to get to the beach you need to walk down the aforementioned path to the town centre.
There is guest laundry services, but the machines are coin operated.
Internet access is in the rooms, but you will have to pay for this. This is a bit disappointing considering the cost of the room, this should be provided complimentary.
The resort was fairly busy, but we didn't hear any other guests once in our room.
Overall the room was clean, and well maintained. Staff were friendly and the location of the resort was close enough to town that it was an easy walk, but far enough away as to be private and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned on the absolute ocean front and just a short stroll via seaside boardwalk to the enchanting Airlie Beach resort village; with its relaxed atmosphere and collection of eclectic shops and cafes; lies the Coral Sea Resort. A stroll in the opposite direction crossing a separate boardwalk with the sea below is Abel Point Marina, your direct access to the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coral Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Hotel Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Resort Hotel
- Coral Resort Sea
- Coral Sea Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands