Sitting out on a point overlooking the ocean, you could not ask for a better view and the resort offers a number of spots to relax and enjoy the view.
We were upgraded to a spa suite with ocean view from our booked ocean view room. the suite is slightly older in styling, but clean and comfortable.
We had an included buffet which was basic, processed white or wholemeal bread, cereals, fruits and bad coffee. I spluged and purchased barista coffee.
The restaurant had some really good meals on offer and they also (for a fee) cooked the crabs we had caught during the day. The sticky date pudding was to die for.
All the staff were friendly and attempted to meet all and any request.
The resort is also an easy stroll along the boardwalk to the main street of airlie in one direction and a 25 minute stroll along the water front past the marina, Shingley Beach and finally Canonvale. Great Location.
When we checked in we were informed that the lift was out of order and I had to ask for someone to bring our bags to our room after we were pointed in the direction of the stairs. Only one flight up and except for moving luggage, we would never use the lift. I also had to ask on day 3 for clean sheets as my bed was made not changed even after I called to check it would be done. I would have killed for a fluffy pillow. The 4 on offer in our room were reasonably well used.
On our last night, guests moved into the room above us and we could clearly hear them moving about during the night.
I would definately stay again, but I would make sure they found me better pillows.
PS. A makeup mirror would be a nice touch as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned on the absolute ocean front and just a short stroll via seaside boardwalk to the enchanting Airlie Beach resort village; with its relaxed atmosphere and collection of eclectic shops and cafes; lies the Coral Sea Resort. A stroll in the opposite direction crossing a separate boardwalk with the sea below is Abel Point Marina, your direct access to the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Coral Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Hotel Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Resort Hotel
- Coral Resort Sea
- Coral Sea Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands