We stayed in a Coral Sea suite, a great room overlooking the ocean with a spa on the balcony. The room is well appointed, large, and comfortable.
We ate at the poolside Clipper restaurant for lunch, which was underwhelming. We weren't offered a wine list, which was disappointing.
We ate lunch at the Clipper too, which was outstanding. Great food, a good wine selection, and at a reasonable cost. Superb!
The hotel is very conveniently located - only a short walk into the town centre, and an even shorter walk around the boardwalk to the Abel Point Marina.
Only other disappointment was the breakfast. The included buffet was a "tropical" breakfast only - bread, cereals and fruit. If you wanted a cooked breakfast you needed to pay extra or order a la carte.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned on the absolute ocean front and just a short stroll via seaside boardwalk to the enchanting Airlie Beach resort village; with its relaxed atmosphere and collection of eclectic shops and cafes; lies the Coral Sea Resort. A stroll in the opposite direction crossing a separate boardwalk with the sea below is Abel Point Marina, your direct access to the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coral Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Hotel Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Resort Hotel
- Coral Resort Sea
- Coral Sea Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands