“Amazing Location and Rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coral Sea Resort

Coral Sea Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Airlie Beach
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing Location and Rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed at Coral Sea for 1 night in a garden room (but you could see sea) and it was wonderful- the location and pool is gorgeous and the beds are soft and very comfortable. We had the included breakfast and there was definitely enough options not to need to upgrade to the hot breakfast- ceral, crossiants, fruit, muffins, meats and cheese.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NatS131291

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed at Coral Sea for 3 nights and loved every minute. From the moment we walked in we has amazing service right through to the restaurant. The staff were fantastic and I highly recommend! We will be returning. The food was absolutely amazing and the staff made us feel right at home!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Sammiemac
Cowbridge, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here for 3nights but wished we had booked for longer.The view we had was amazing overlooking the pool and the sea.Lovely spacious rooms and clean.
Breakfast was included and there was a good choice from the buffet no need to spend money on a cooked brekkie.
The staff on reception were very friendly and helpful.The hotel is in a great position being only a short walk to all shops and restaurants.
Hopefully we will be lucky enough to return one day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen H
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I dined here and waited for over an an hour and 45 minutes for my meal. Never again. I have worked in many hospitality and customer facing roles and never have I come across a manager as unprofessional and to say at the very least, despicable as Greg. Should the owner of this business need to see proof otherwise, simply look at the surveillance in the foyer to see the "manager" gyrating and making movements towards his groin at us. Highly unprofessional not to mention immature for a middle aged man. I would think conflict resolution would be the number one element of training a manager should undertake. Clearly not in this case. Such a shame that a lovely resort has their name & reputation tarnished by one unruly manager that lacks respect.

• Stayed December 2013
23 Thank Amyjjj
Coralsearesort, General Manager at Coral Sea Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
You were with the badly behaved and intoxicated group that I called the police to remove from my drive way intimidating us all at reception after leaving the restaurant without paying your bill. I do not apologise to people such as you. Your friends claim 45 minutes but you have now stretched it to 1.45 hrs good on you. I am not the Duty Manager and the buck stops with me. I will always make sure my staff and other guests do not need to tolerate bad behaviour.
As i have stated in this forum on many occasions trip advisor is not a blog where you can just take revenge on businesses that will not put up with bad manners.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed only one night on our way to day Dream Island in the garden view room which we actually had a ocean view. The room was nice but for $245.00 that was the cheapest room I could get.
I have travelled over seas and they usually have a happy hour at the bar down at the pool. When I asked the bar man when was happy hour he said " you are having it now " it's happy hour all day. At the prices they charge over the bar we went into town and spent our money.
And the prices they charge for a meal, no wonder nobody eats there.
I will never go back to the Whitsundays again, every thing is so over priced.

Room Tip: Very nice place , but not cheap.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My partner and I stayed in a coral sea suite for 5 nights and absolutely loved this property. Upon our arrival the lady at reception was more then helpful advising us of the best tours and places to eat out at. The suite itself was beautiful very spacious, modern decor , comfy bed and the view is to die for. Balcony overlooking the water complete with an outdoor spa. Location also great short walk to get to the Main Street. Great service can't wait to come back :-) Brekky when they said buffet I was under the impression of a hot breakfast however it consisted of fruits , cold meats, cheeses cereal croissants ect - still quite nice and you can upgrade to a hot Brekky for $13. Overall impressed with Coral Sea !

Room Tip: Book the coral spa suite !
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brookey87
Brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I don't actually know where to begin?! The resort itself is lovely and the staff on reception were great and welcoming.
But the main problem is Greg, the hotel manager, who I can only begin to imagine is related to the owner as I'm not sure who in their right mind would employ such an arrogant, stubborn, rude person.
I see we are not the first people who had unauthorised money taken from our card, which is infact stealing. This is because after waiting over an hour for our orders to be taken, we recieved (not even warm) bread (which isnt free, may I add) we then ordered our main meals, which took another 45 mins before the group decided this was ridiculous, after asking several times where our meals were with no direct answer, our table decided to leave, we payed for everything we consumed, (wine, bread) yet after not even receiving our main courses (as we ended up leaving before they even came to the table) we were charged over $400 - unauthorised on our card!!
Only to be confronted by Greg, with a serious attitude problem. Who gave rude hand gestures from the balcony! You call that management?
Not only that but our aircon leaked like a tap, all over a suitcase of clothes! Whilst getting ready for a wedding, we were yet again confronted by Greg who blamed us for the problem?!?! Told us that we needed to leave the door shut or it would leak. Well thanks for that information but the door was shut. Then went on to claim he had seen our kind time after time. What a disgusting insult.
This place is run by an immature, extremely unprofessional manager who needs to be dealt with apropriatly. This whole matter will be taken further. I wouldn't recommend staying or dining here unless you meet Gregs needs for how wealthy you look.

• Stayed November 2013
11 Thank Sjt07
Coralsearesort, General Manager at Coral Sea Resort, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Let me help you with where to begin. You made a reservation in my restaurant and although you were already intoxicated you intimidated my staff into accepting you and your intoxicated friends. Your friends arrived in dribs and drabs and you wanted to wait until all were assembled before ordering. This wait was the consequence of your own behaviour. After upsetting my staff with your rude behaviour which included making your wife leave the dining room tears, you and your friends decided to get up and leave the restaurant on mass without paying all of your account. Some of your friends had the good manners to pay on their way out. I might ask what did you think was going to happen. You also forget to mention here that were abusive and intimidating to the staff in reception and also rude to the police who were called to ask you to leave the premises and to pay your account. It was my intervention and advising the police that i was able to charge your credit that prevented you from being arrested. Of course I was going to charge your credit card for the meals you refused to pay for . What did you think was going to happen. When you check into a nice hotel you authorise us on the registration card to charge for all costs incurred whilst you are guests here. It was reservation in the restaurant. FYI we are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies ladies and gentleman. It is not your right to bully and intimidate people as you move around the world. Please consider this next time you stay in a nice hotel you will be charged for your orders.Trip advisor is not a forum for you take revenge on business people and I reserve the right to defend myself and my staff against this dishonest accusations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airlie Beach
Beach Club
Beach Club
#1 of 5 in Hamilton Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,051 reviews

Been to Coral Sea Resort? Share your experiences!