Coral Sea is a older hotel that is well maintained and the staff are well trained. We had unit 33, which is on the third level over the pool with excellent ocean views, just what we wanted. On site there is a small bar and nice sized restaurant which looks over the pool and ocean.There is a pier, next to/associated with, the property that has jet skis rentals and boat trips to the reef and whitehaven beach.
The location is Coral Sea's greatest asset. Most of the hotels in Airlie Beach are on the hills or are in high activity areas. Coral Sea is a short walk to the shops and cafes yet seperate and quiet. There is however no beach attached to this property.
I liked it for what it was, but if you are looking for a property/hotel that isn't 30 years old and has is a step above, you may not find it in Airlie Beach. The Pinnacles is certainly a step up in quality yet it comes with a hill that you have to be part mountain goat to love.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned on the absolute ocean front and just a short stroll via seaside boardwalk to the enchanting Airlie Beach resort village; with its relaxed atmosphere and collection of eclectic shops and cafes; lies the Coral Sea Resort. A stroll in the opposite direction crossing a separate boardwalk with the sea below is Abel Point Marina, your direct access to the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Coral Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Hotel Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Resort Hotel
- Coral Resort Sea
- Coral Sea Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands